Dust Deputy with bigger bucket

Review by westerndf posted 1350 days ago 5224 views 3 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dust Deputy with bigger bucket No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So I have had the dust deputy for about 2 years and was using the 5 gallon buckets that came with the kit. I got tired of emptying the buckets during planning so I searched and found the perfect fit. It was a 32 gallon container from Lowes and its the perfect match. I have attached the dust deputy to the bucket and was concerned that the suction would be impacted negatively but was positively surprised that it worked just as good if not better that before. I say better because I don’t have to empty the bucket as much. Next is to make some sort of frame to put inside the bucket so that I can put a bag into the bucket for easier dust removal.

-- My wife says I have to many tools. I say there is always more to add.

View westerndf's profile

westerndf

View Canadian Woodworks's profile

Canadian Woodworks

I love those sweet little things, I have one before my festool vac…. cough don’t ever have to buy a bag! Also one in front of a ridgid shop vac.

-- Paul Lemiski, Ontario Canada, Custom Wooden Rocking chairs and tables http://www.canadianwoodworks.com

View smitty22's profile

smitty22

Westerndf, thanks for the tip, the Lowes can might work well for my DC upgrade.

Charlie, did you post your separator as a project or blog? I would like the gory details.

-- Smitty

One comment about using storage totes as dust bins. A LOT of storage totes on the market have vent holes by the handles to prevent moisture buildup in humid environments when you store say Grandmas tablecloth in the attic… This would obviously cause trouble with dust collection… Make sure you either get non vented totes, or you seal the holes with something like RTV sealant…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View smitty22's profile

smitty22

thanks Chuck, got it.

-- Smitty

View westerndf's profile

westerndf

The nice thing about this DD is I got it for a gift so I’m not really out anything. Plus it gives me a scale to build a larger one. Also the bucket came from Lowes and there are no holes on the lip. It has a great seal.

-- My wife says I have to many tools. I say there is always more to add.

View Viking's profile

Viking

Westerndf;

You have a great idea and hope you don’t mind some of us copying it. I wish the hose that comes with the DD was about 12” longer.

Thanks for sharing.