Spackling Compound

Review by BigDaddyO posted 11-30-2010 10:44 PM 9164 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Spackling Compound No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’m sure most of you have used Spackling compound before. I must have tried dozens over the years and have never been happy with any of them. Either they don’t stick to the wall well, or they shrink too much, or they dry so hard it makes sanding difficult, or they don’t smooth well.

I was at my local paint store and needed some more spackle to repair a water damaged ceiling joist. I picked up the only thing they had. MH Ready Patch.

When I got it home and opened it up the first thing i thought was Whoa, i hope this stuff doesn’t get me high…
It stuck well to the beam, even with the shinny slick Kilz primer on there.
It was so thick and creamy it smoothed out without any streaks or clumps that pulled through the spackle.
It dried rather quickly and was easy to sand even smoother.
I was patching some rather large deep pits and some small cracks and this handled everything very well.

Needless to say I was so shocked and impressed with this spackle that I am writing this review.

-- www.bigdaddyoworkshop.com

View BigDaddyO's profile

BigDaddyO

#1 posted 12-01-2010 01:00 PM

Interesting review, thx for the info.

View jayman7's profile

jayman7

#2 posted 12-01-2010 02:41 PM

I agree! I used MH Ready Patch to fill the grain in my kitchen cabinets that I was painting and it worked infinitely better than any other wood filler. The only local store that I’ve found it in was Home Depot.

View dannymac's profile

dannymac

#3 posted 12-03-2010 06:21 AM

use the stuff alot on the outside of houses always worked great for me

-- dannymac

View Frankie Talarico Jr.'s profile

Frankie Talarico Jr.

353 posts in 2046 days

#4 posted 12-03-2010 01:44 PM

I agree with all the above, This is great stuff, Interior or exterior. Grain filling also is a wonder. And it sands very well. If you get fancy about it it it even sands smooth with 400 paper.

Cabinetry and home repairs, this stuff is always on my shelf.

-- Live by what you believe, not what they want you to believe.