Basic Router Bit Set

Review by dustynewt posted 02-29-2008 04:29 PM 5246 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Basic Router Bit Set Basic Router Bit Set Basic Router Bit Set Click the pictures to enlarge them

My search for an all around, shop set of router bits on a budget landed me me at Woodline USA. They had the most versatile set for doing what I do, mainly small boxes and minor furniture pieces. I paid a total of $79.00 for the set, with shipping, although I think they are a little higher now. I received it in 3 days.

It arrived in excellent shape. A nice boxed set with the bits nested in their own slot to keep them from bunging each other up. Each bit has a wax/rubber coating to further protect them from each other and the elements.

The theory was to just buy a basic set, then replace each one as I wore it out with a better quality bit. So far, in 13 months, I have not had to replace a single one. I must add that I am not a production shop and some bits are still in their waxy shell. But they are there if I need them.

The 4 or 5 that I have used the most have performed as they should, with minimal burning and fuzzy edges.

The cost of purchasing these 4 or 5 bits from Freud or another top quality name would have been about the same as I paid for the entire set from Woodline. So having the additional bits to go to adds versatility to my little shop and saves me a trip to the store to get it. So I would definitely recommend these to the small shop, hobbyist.

Here is the page link for this set;

PS- Sorry about the fuzzy pics.

-- Peace in Wood ~ http://dustynewt.com/

View dustynewt's profile

dustynewt

View Peter Oxley's profile

Peter Oxley

#1 posted 02-29-2008 05:37 PM

I buy almost all my bits from Woodline and have been really pleased. Their customer service is first rate, too.

-- http://www.peteroxley.com -- http://north40studios.etsy.com --

View Dadoo's profile

Dadoo

#2 posted 02-29-2008 06:10 PM

HA! (lol!) I had to do a double take when I saw this review. Your kit is the same as mine except the bits are a different color and placed in different holes! Even the box is the same joinery! And you are right as it is an OK set of carbide bits. Good review Dustynewt.

2008_0228dadoo0005

-- Bob Vila would be so proud of you!

View MichaelAgate's profile

MichaelAgate

#3 posted 04-13-2013 10:57 PM

LOL We have the same set, yet. A different company than both. We only paid $49 for ours :)

-- Michael and Matthew