Carter RIK1 Stabilizer for Rikon saws

Review by lashing posted 1323 days ago 4650 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Carter RIK1 Stabilizer for Rikon saws No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This actually works. I cannot add much that isnt covered in the youtube videos Carter has up.

I was 50/50 on buying it as I thought it may be hype. But it works great. I cut some amazing curves with it and now think it wasnt that expensive after all. OK for $80 it is expensive. Hopefully the bearing is a good one and I would assume it must be as its constantly engaged with the blade.

Check out the promo vids Carter has. I am not affiliated at all. My real life experience matches what is promo’d.

One of those little things that makes a big difference. I always had a bit of a problem with tight curves in my guitar headstocks. I like to get my maple blanks cut to 1/16th or better on the saw so the router has less to do and not tear out. Now I can get a nice clean curve with a 1/4 blade.

View lashing's profile

lashing

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

Does anyone here know if it will fit on Grizzly G0555P bandsaw?

-- shdesign3.com

I saw these at the show a cpl times and have come close to buying it. It was the price that had me wondering. But I guess its like buying a table saw then having to buy a 110 dollar Forrest Blade for it. Nice review. Think I might have to buy this.

View SteveMI's profile

SteveMI

Lashing – Which Rikon did you put it on? I have the lowly 10” since it fits in my shop and does what I need.

Carter site says it fits mine. They will be at a local Woodworking show later in the month and I am thinking of picking one up.

Steve.

View lashing's profile

lashing

I have the 10-325. The carter replaces the whole guide assembly.

Last night I noticed it tries to wander on straight lines. No biggie since its designed for curves but a sidenote.

View SteveMI's profile

SteveMI

I picked up one of the stabilizers yesterday at the Carter booth of Woodworking Show and installed it. I only have a 1/4” blade (that I haven’t damaged) at this time and it works great. I noticed that the blade is not in same position on lower tire as the upper tire after the preload. So, I went back to the show today and asked about that. They said it was normal and no problem.

I bought the Craftsman clone of Rikon 10-305 and had replaced two of the guide ball bearings before. In taking the guides off for the Carter, I found that another two guide ball bearings had frozen up. First time they froze it was evident because I was getting sparks. This stabilizer does away with that problem.

With a 10” saw, larger than 1/4” blade isn’t much value anyway since the maximum cutting height is 4 5/8”.

Steve.