Best Jointer I have ever used.

Review by therookie posted 11-26-2010 07:50 PM 8336 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best Jointer I have ever used. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Now this jointer is the best jointer I have ever used, but is also my first. But that is besides the point, the point is the jointer is very quiet and pretty accurate. When is first arrived, I pulled it out of the crate and started assembling it. I went for the manual and started to read about assembly and found out that it went faster figuring out how to asseble it on my own rather than following the directions. Accuracy right out of the crate is OK for getting stuff within a 1/32 of an inch, but my dad went and showed me how to tune everything up and we have within a couple of thousandths of being dead square. But overall if you are looking for a jointer this is you best bet for the price.

-- http://aewoodworks.webs.com

View therookie's profile

therookie

#1 posted 11-26-2010 07:59 PM

That would be a step up from my bench top unit. Too bad they quit selling the 8” model. That 7” unit they offer is a bit weird.

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#2 posted 11-26-2010 08:14 PM

As I’ve said before, The list of Gems at HF is growing. and they have one of the best customer services I’ve ever had to deal with. polite and helpful. something not right, they send a replacement right-away.
no OH WELL attitude with them.

-- Router รจ ancora il mio nome.

View lew's profile

lew

#3 posted 11-27-2010 03:49 AM

This looks surprisingly like my Bridgewood jointer. It, too, works great!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View ZeroThreeQuarter's profile

ZeroThreeQuarter

#4 posted 12-09-2010 02:59 AM

“Now this jointer is the best jointer I have ever used, but is also my first.” how is it “besides the point” if it’s the first one you’ve used. That’s like me driving a Lada before anything else and saying “it’s the best thing i’ve ever driven” Yeah, it totally makes or breaks an argument if you haven’t used any other ones.

Also “pretty accurate” isn’t exactly a great sales pitch. I know I know, you’re not here to sell the tool, just review it.. but I definitely wouldn’t be happy if a tool was just “pretty accurate”.

I don’t mean to sound harsh, i’m just confused by the tone of the review, especially with the lack of not having used one before this…

-- Your mind, much like a parachute, works best when open.

View DonH's profile

DonH

#5 posted 12-09-2010 03:20 AM

Glad to hear you are pleased with your jointer. Seems like you have set it up to perform with the best!!

Whats not to like?

-- DonH Orleans Ontario

View elcowboy's profile

elcowboy

#6 posted 07-23-2011 10:05 AM

I think he means it is the first jointer he owns but not the first he uses.

View Purrmaster's profile

Purrmaster

#7 posted 09-04-2012 04:36 AM

I got the same jointer about a month ago and it has been somewhat nightmarish for me. Could you please tell me what tuning steps you and your father did on your jointer? I may need to replicate them. Thank you.