Nice rasp but I wouldn't call it a chisel

Review by kshipp posted 02-29-2008 04:15 PM 2186 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Nice rasp but I wouldn't call it a chisel Nice rasp but I wouldn't call it a chisel Nice rasp but I wouldn't call it a chisel Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got this mainly as a rasp and it performs really well as that. It removes material quickly and has the flat and rounded sides depending on what you need at the time.

It also has a file on the side which I haven’t really used yet but I’m sure it would come in handy at some point.

The problem is they say this device is also a chisel and it even comes with the protective end cap. I could understand if they called this a screwdriver but not a chisel. Out of the box it was not sharp at all. I tried to sharpen it but couldn’t get a good edge on it because I had so far to go from what the factory provided. There is also the risk of trying to use the chisel on your project and making contact with the rasp.

If you are buying this for the all-in-one features like I did, I would not recommend it. But if you are looking for a rasp with a kind of pointy end this should work just fine.

Here is a link to the manufacturer's website.

-- Kyle Shipp, http://battleshipp.blogspot.com

View kshipp's profile

kshipp

1 comment so far

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

#1 posted 02-29-2008 05:20 PM

I think the intended use for htis tool is for renovators and the like to help fit framing and rough openings etc.
It may be usefull for cabinetry but the odds are not favourable.

Regards
Bob

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner