Worth every Penny

Review by USCJeff posted 1351 days ago 2099 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Worth every Penny No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had a few bucks on a Lowe’s gift card and it was one of those rare times I didn’t have something jump out at me that I “need”. I’ve had good luck with Kreg products (namely, pocket hole jig) so I decided to give this one a shot. I normally have used a combo square, fixed squares, and some shop built story sticks and such. The claim from Kreg is that it can be used for 90 & 45 layout, a story stick, depth gauge for set up, a torpedo level, and a couple other functions that I’m not likely to use.

Know that the picture is not accurate. It is an example of how the ONE steel rule can be attached in various manners. Only one rule is included. The threaded knob allows the changes in less than 10 seconds. Piece of cake to manipulate. The 45 and 90 fit in slots so that it can only be attached correctly. I used it in making a pen last night. It was simple to measure the pen tube and used the rule to transfer that measurement plus the little extra to the pen plank. It was easy to mark centers using the 45 set up. I also had to cut some half lap joints as well. Using it as a depth gauge to set the blade height was simple.

I wouldn’t use it for fine measurement. The rule is durable and the scale is 1/16 which is decent, but I imagine most will have a rule they consider their go-to. The measurements are painted instead of etched which is a bit of a downside.

Lowe’s had it on sale for $14 from $20.

-- Jeff, South Carolina

View USCJeff's profile

USCJeff

View Dick, & Barb Cain's profile

Dick, & Barb Cain

It looks kind of handy.
I checked for some videos on youtube. If you want to see how it’s used.

View USCJeff's profile

USCJeff

Good find on the video’s Dick. Glad to see you’re still posting on the site. I had a break from bigger projects the last 6 months due to other demands. Pretty much been quick turnings and small boxes. I’ve got time again until the New Year and hope to knock out a few larger ones. The multi-mark has now seen a week in the shop, several hours a day. I’ve used another square only once as larger layout was needed and a large level that needed a larger level to be accurate.

-- Jeff, South Carolina