Hot glue gun for woodworking

Review by WoodLe posted 1350 days ago 3790 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hot glue gun for woodworking No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this Hipurformer several months ago and I’m nothing but pleased with the performance of this high quality glue gun. I was a little hesitant to spend the money at first, but so far this glue gun is all that is bragged up to be! My first project for the Hipurformer was to assemble window headers that I was making for my house remodel. The headers are a flat board with crown moulding around the top, which are mitered at the corners. (so there are two very short pieces on the ends) The crown was hard maple, and I didn’t know how I was going to nail them together without splitting the short pieces. This hot glue gun made short work of that, and was fun to use! I know that I’m going to use it a lot more in the shop. I just wish I would have bought one sooner to use on project such a picture frames and cabinet trim!

-- www.largewoodslabs.com Apple Creek, Ohio

View WoodLe's profile

WoodLe

View Chris Davis's profile

Chris Davis

Thanks, I’ve been wanting something like that.

-- Watch live video from our shop. http://wwbeds.com/live.htm

I never knew that anyone made a glue gun specifically for woodworking… I have a box full of hot glue guns and use the snot out of them…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View cabmaker's profile

cabmaker

That is one nice glue gun and very commonplace in the cabinetmaking business, however be carefull on you architraves as that glue will have some effect on taking stain. A pin nailer is nice for what your doing (16 ga. max. or 23ga. prefered)

View Moron's profile

Moron

I know men who made a fortune from the percieved benefits of a “hotmelt gluegun”

I often think they revolved around profit

longevity remains suspect.

-- "Good artists borrow, great artists steal”…..Picasso

View WoodLe's profile

WoodLe

@ cabmaker. Yeah, got a pin nailer too, and I wouldn’t give it up. Definately is a place for them, however the headers I made were all painted white, so I didn’t have to worrry about glue showing. (reason for using hard maple because that is what I had from a sale! —very cheap)

-- www.largewoodslabs.com Apple Creek, Ohio