Professional Miter Saw Stand - Great tool stand and very flexible

Review by carnutakp posted 1344 days ago 6039 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Professional Miter Saw Stand - Great tool stand and very flexible No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this Miter Saw Stand after researching many other stands at Menards and Home Depot. I acquired the unit in April 2009 for $149.99 when it was on sale (normally $189.99) and I have found it a great product. A few months after buying it Menards had it on sale for $129.99 which would have made it an even greater stand.

I have two miter saws (a regular 10” stationary and a 10” sliding miter) and wanted a stand that I could mount lboth saws on side-by-side. To do this I had to add my own fiberboard table and create a duplicate of the one mounting board provided. I don’t move it around on the wheels much, but have done so and it does the job adequately with all that weight. I like this unit because:

1. It is very well designed and sturdy and flexible enough to let you do some things with it that other stands don’t.
2. It is large and with the supports can go out to almost 16 feet.
3. It does not take up a lot of room overall like the welded steel ones.
4. You can’t beat the price for an all aluminum heavy duty stand.
5. I can mount and move or adjust both saws at will and long boards go across one saw platform even though being cut on the other saw.
6. I liked it so much when it went on sale for the lower price I bought one for my son-in-law who is a professional carpenter and it tough on tools.
7 10” tires would be better than the plastic wheels when moving the unit over grass or dirt, such as a construction site. Sometimes I’m afraid I might break the table on rough ground with two saws mounted. Rubber air tires would work much better.

I rated it 5 stars (should be 4.5) but there are some things they could do to improve this stand for a minor cost:
1. Use metal instead of plastic for all the adjusting knobs and stuff. Everyone uses plastic these days but I’m old fashioned and prefer metal for the long haul as I’ve still got tools I bought at 17 (I am now 70) that are still going (Craftsman tools). Plastic, even heavy duty, can crack when used in really cold weather, and sometimes we have to work in below freezing. Metal might bend but it rarely breajs (except cast aluminum).
2. Add a power center to the stand. I added a 6 outlet strip easily, but a built in one would be better.
3. Provide 2 mounting boards for those with more than one miter saw (like me) who wants to mount them on the same stand (it is just particle board so how costly can it be).

I also made my saws quick detachable using pins and clevis parts. I can dismount any saw by pulling the 4 pins, lifting up and carrying the saw. I also added some small casters underneath the main table surface I added (A particle board 18” wide by about 4’ long) so I can dismount both saws at the same time and roll them somewhere else if I want (it is heavy dismounting two saws though). Wish I had pictures to show you but I don’t.

I’m becoming a fan of Master Force after being a Craftsman, Dewalt, Ryobi die hard for more than 60 years. Menards has great values and warranty too, so it is about the only place I shop if they have what I need, and their rebate program is second to none (I get well over $1000-2000/year to use to buy new tools and lumber). You have to research the tools before buying as not all are created equal, but if you know your stuff you can do this easily.

I have been a DIYer most of my life, built my own 5000 square foot house, have remodeled several others, and built decks, porches, etc. I may not do it every day, but my tools get used and used hard just like many contractors. If they have a weakness I find it quickly. Menards is doing a nice job with their Masterforce brand, and with a few improvements they would be the best money could buy. I have also used their Tool Shop products but they are mainly cheap throw aways when I need one and you have to evaluate them carefully.

View carnutakp's profile

carnutakp

1 comment so far

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

Good review, thanks. That looks like the same stand I purchased at Home Depot for $129.00 a few years ago. I like mine as well.

Welcome to our forums!