Jack Rabbit deluxe - SHIPPING cost

Review by ken_c posted 1365 days ago 2361 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jack Rabbit deluxe - SHIPPING cost No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So I was going to order a Jack Rabbit deluxe direct from Jack Rabbit Tool, so $46 is a fair price from what I can gather but when I went to place the order and i got to the shipping information portion there was one option – Shipping or Not and the price from Washington to Michigan – hold on to you coffee – $31 !!! $31 for a package that can easily go into a $5 USPS standard box – No thank you Jack Rabbit!!! I guess I will just replace my broken well used Rockler Insty parts…

View ken_c's profile

ken_c

View sry's profile

sry

Wow, that’s nuts. Same high cost to PA as well.

Looking through their distributors a little, there’s a place in NY that’ll only charge $8 for shipping if you really want the Jack Rabbit.

View swirt's profile

swirt

1935 posts in 1577 days

You might want to call the company. It may just be a mistake on their website. I went to order a package of coping saw blades on an amazon sub-store. Shipping came in at $17 … I called the company directly and found shipping was $1.70 …. somebody had entered it into amazon incorrectly.

-- Galootish log blog, http://www.timberframe-tools.com

You’d think somebody would check that…

“Gee I wonder why our internet sales are in the toilet” might just be an indicator of a problem you know?

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View swirt's profile

swirt

1935 posts in 1577 days

They should, but you know as well as I that some of these small companies don’t monitor their websites as well as they should. They farm it out to others and sort of forget it is there.

-- Galootish log blog, http://www.timberframe-tools.com

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

That’s the sort of malarky we get all the time here in Canada. For what it’s worth, USPS has the same bag /box system and the customs clearance is $5.00 instead of $39.00.
One outfit running out of Shamburg Illinios even brought their National sales manager( an idiot BTW) into a scuffle with us over stupid shipping. He claimed we were the only one complaining about paying roughly $50.00 extra per shipment over the same service from USPS.
The shipping “pill” couldn’t read a clamed she had to stand in line at the post office for 1/2 to 3/4 hr.to get her parcel shipped to Canada. Actually, it said she could get the form done “on line” and even schedule a pick up for $5.00.
I hate them and glad to get rid of them.

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

View Manitario's profile

Manitario

As Bob #2 put it, dealing with stupid shipping prices, sometimes in excess of the product cost, is commonplace in Canada. Basically anything I buy now from the US I get shipped to a town just south of the border and then drive and pick it up myself. Otherwise it costs me $60 to get a single sawblade shipped from Amazon.com, when it is free shipping to have it shipped to the border. Not sure why it costs $60 to have it sent another 40 miles north, possibly because us Canadians are such dangerous folks that no-one wants to cross the border without proper compensation…

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

View bake's profile (online now)

bake

Ken,
this is available from New Yankee Workshop for $49.99, s&h to my zip was $10.

-- I love the smell of Home Depot in the morning, it smells like.......carpentry. Bake, Bar Lazy U Woodworks, Lehi,UT.

View steliart's profile

steliart

New Yankee Workshop’s site claims shipping in UK Spain Australia, so I email them for the rabit to give charges for Cyprus (Europe). A lazy person emails me back saying go to the site and in checkout the charges will be there for your country, but he didn’t even know that on his website you have no choice exept for a couple of European countries, so I ask him again to tell me if they ship in Europe or not, because I see no reason at all i.e. to ship in UK and not in France.
He ignored me completely and never answer me.
Nice Service Norm

P.S. Untill now I have found no shop that can ship the rabit in Europe

-- Stelios L.A. Stavrinides: - I am not so rich to buy cheap tools, but... necessity is the mother of inventions - http://www.steliart.com --