Greene & Greene Furniture: Poems of Wood & Light

Review by Alan posted 1259 days ago 1886 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Greene & Greene Furniture: Poems of Wood & Light No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just finished reading David Mathias book Greene & Greene Furniture: Poems of Wood & Light. This is the 1st book I’ve read on Greene and Greene and really enjoyed it. Great pictures and great info and for me I felt it was great value for the cost of the book. I won’t go much into it as Todd Clippinger did a great write up. http://lumberjocks.com/toddc/blog/17691

-- Alan, Prince George

View Alan's profile

Alan

443 posts in 1903 days

View Todd A. Clippinger's profile

Todd A. Clippinger

I have not been able to make it cover to cover as of yet. I keep jumping around in the book and am not disappointed in any of it as of yet.

The photography is mouth watering for me and the information is easy to read and it puts everything well into perspective in history and design.

I envy the fact that were have been able to make it cover to cover. I have just been so busy (fortunately.)

-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com

View Domer's profile

Domer

I have at least half a dozen Green and Green books but could resist buying this one as well. I think the photography in this book is the best of any I have seen. Many of the pictures show whole rooms which show you how the furniture fits the room.

Well worth the money.

Domere

View dmath's profile

dmath

Thank you for all of the comments guys. I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying the book. The compliments for the photos are particularly meaningful for me—I invested a lot of effort in them and to me they are the most important aspect.

David

-- David Mathias, http://www.wood-and-light.com

View Jamie Speirs's profile

Jamie Speirs

This is an amazing book, it has me hooked on Greene & Greene.
If only I could produce like the Halls.

It is a must for anyone who likes Greene & Greene. The details in the photographs are like being there.
You could almost reach out and touch the pieces.
They are also whole rooms displayed just how they were originally.
I’ve learnt so much from it as well, it has cost me a couple of more books.

Jamie
Mine was signed and posted to Scotland.
If your country isn’t listed just choose Australia for outside USA & Canada. That works.

-- Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

View dmath's profile

dmath

Thanks Jamie. I’m glad that you enjoyed it. Signed copies are available via my website.

David