Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener - Canadian Price

Review by BigFoot Products Canada posted 1345 days ago 5858 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener - Canadian Price Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener - Canadian Price Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener - Canadian Price Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well I just had to share this with you all. Remember when we all got the notice about 50% off of any worksharp item we ordered.. then the next day they retracted that offer.. Well lucky me I ordered that very first day.
Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Regular Price $79.99 now only $39.99 how could I lose..LOL
Well I live in Canada.. so they charged me an additional $28.00 for shipping so now it was costing me $68.99 plus the exchange rate… it would still come in a little cheaper than the retail.. so fine.. send it to me..
Well today it came by UPS… the kicker.. I’ve posted their bill.. an additional $39.00 brokerage fee…
So grand total for my $39.99 special = $107.99 which I’m sure will actually be more Canadian dollars because of the exchange so say $115.00.. OUCH!... My wife wants to kill me.. I am not sharpening any knives for her for at least a month..LOL
So anyhow I tried it out and it works great. I sharpened some scissors and a couple knives of my own… It does what it’s advertised to do..
What else can I say….....
There is one picture of my Laser.. someone had asked me to post a pic of it.

So my Canadian Pals… Learn from me and DO NOT order one of these… especially now that you have to pay full retail on it plus shipping of $28.00 and another $40.00 for brokerage..

View BigFoot Products Canada's profile

BigFoot Products Canada

620 posts in 1977 days

View jackass's profile

jackass

Hi David
I have heard that an article going through Canada Customs to Canada Post from anywhere in the U.S. and sent by U.S. Postal Service does not have the same costs as with a courier. I bought 5 knives on E-Bay a few years back and all the costs I had, as I remember, were exchange on the dollar and US Postal shipping costs. I sent one knife to my son up north and the shipping by Canada Post was more than the knife cost me. The best way to ship in Canada is by bus. The tool box on my site was sent 3’000 Kilometers by bus for only $60, and arrived in just under a week in good condition. To have shipped this by Canada Post would have been $150 and would have been 2 to 3 weeks delivery.
Jack

-- Jack Keefe Shediac NB Canada

View racerglen's profile

racerglen

Guys one thing to watch is the COD charges.. The coil pack in my aftermarket electronic ignition died in my car this summer..
Express mail via Canada Post was 13 dollars to the manufacturer. They sent it back after repair, via Greyhound with me already having paid over the phone for the fix.
The ‘hound’s charge was 40 bucks !

-- Glen, Vernon B.C. Canada

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

It’s surprising how many U.S. vendors that solicit Canadian orders have no clue how to ship their products.
The US postal service has a detailed website to guide them along but they wont or can’t read.

With an economy in the dumpster you would think that spending 1/2 – 3/4 of an hour to get up to speed on shipping to an eager market would attract more vendors.
UPS works fine if the orders are substantial but the $40.00 loading fee is a deterent to orders under $200.00

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

View Russ's profile

Russ

Wow that sucks. Hopefully your wife has a short memory.

-- Russ

View OttawaP's profile

OttawaP

I won’t buy anything out of the US unless it’s shipped USPS. Most of the time it’s not an issue.

-- Paul

View SouthpawCA's profile

SouthpawCA

But … I’d like more info on the actual knife sharpening process, Yes, it sux that you got screwed on the shipping. Did it sharpen the knives as good as taking them to some guy that charges you $10/knife?

-- Don

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

Thought you may like to see my video of the Upgrades I made to the Work Sharp:

View ncsuapex's profile

ncsuapex

Hi David,

Can you give a review of the sharpener? Im thinking of buying the Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener. I don’t live in Canada so shipping isn’t an issue.

StubbyNubs,

Great video review. Have you used the Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener? If so can you do a video review? Thanks!