Pretty Nice Carving Gouges

Review by Woodwrecker posted 1366 days ago 2391 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pretty Nice Carving Gouges Pretty Nice Carving Gouges Pretty Nice Carving Gouges Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted a set of carving gouges , but I couldn’t afford to spend an arm and a leg.
I was pretty surprised when these arrived and turned out to be nicer then I thought they would be.
Given the price of around $11.00 a gouge, these are nice.
They range from 1/4” to 1” and were sharp enough to use right out of the box, but I’ll hone them up real good and give a report a little down the road on how they work out.
I gave four stars based on my initial impression, but we’ll see.
Grizzly model G7957.
Thanks.

-- Having fun...Eric

View Woodwrecker's profile

Woodwrecker

View FJPetruso's profile

FJPetruso

I was looking into buying those gouges also. It looks like your recommendation will push me over the edge & I’ll have to buy them. Thanks!

-- Frank, Florissant, Missouri "The New Show-Me Woodshop"

View lew's profile

lew

Been looking for something like this for awhile, nice review, thanks!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View patron's profile

patron

12957 posts in 1940 days

hi eric
sounds like you are getting to it there

good to see you

what you makin’ ?

View Woodwrecker's profile

Woodwrecker

Hi David.
I just want to try & embellish some projects when I make them, with maybe a few accents.

very, very basic carving…lol