Easy Finisher

Review by Andrew posted 1376 days ago 3741 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Easy Finisher No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been wanting to purchase or at least use one of these for a while now. I went to the Woodcraft Octoberfest, they had a demo station for the whole set, and a discount. I tried them and decided this would work very well for the inside of the lamp shades I am making as Christmas presents this year. If it weren’t for that project I would never have been able to pull the trigger on such a pricey tool. I am impressed, even when I did have catches, there was no real damage done to the lamp shade. The tool leaves a nice finish, cuts very cleanly, and the handel is very comforable and give a great feeling of control. I do give this 5 stars, I am glad I pulled the trigger, now I need to figure out the next projects to justify more of these.

-- Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless, it moves at half speed like ....-As the Saw Turns

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

View interpim's profile

interpim

1123 posts in 2062 days

Do you have the easy rougher too? I’ve been contemplating getting that for a while and using the radius-ed cutter.

-- San Diego, CA

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

No, just this one (the finisher). I am very pleased with it, and look forward to getting the hollower. I think I can hold off for a while before I get the rougher. I have plenty of goughes, and scrapers, and bedans, and skews for roughing. Just can’t justify the cost when I can rough other ways.
Thanks for checking it out.

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

Andrew :

I beleive the picture of your tool is the Ci0 finisher not the Ci1. The Ci1 is a rougher .

Interpim :

I have the Easy Rougher 1 and 2 .Just the other day I was turning a handle for the Ci1 out of rosewood and used the tool to do it with out a handle, I was pleased how fast it took a 2+ inch blank down . They both work great , I would suggest you get extra cutters in the different radius’s . I’m not sure which cutter I have on my Ci1 now ,with the little amount of time I have using it I can get super smooth cuts . Hartville Tools had a summer blow sale and I picked up these two along with the Ci0 and the mini detailer . That mini detailer is a sweet tool too .

View DonFaulk0517's profile

DonFaulk0517

131 posts in 2090 days

I’ve been using the mini rougher and mini finisher on pens and they work beautifully! I am planning on getting the diamond parting tool to complete the set. I am amazed at their ease of use!

-- DonFaulk0517@gmail.com

View Chris 's profile

Chris

I have the Easy Rougher And the Easy Finisher. I really like using them both. Very few catches or issues at all