Woodworking Business Start Quickly And Operate Sucessfully

Review by sawblade1 posted 10-20-2010 09:10 PM 2313 views 6 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodworking Business Start Quickly And Operate Sucessfully No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

With the series of blogs on LJ’s about wanting to operate a woodworking business I felt obligated to do a review on this book.

Last Friday I contacted fellow LJ Billb about his book Woodworking Business Start Quickly and Operate Successfully and he contacted me back and was very helpful about my concern of buying off the internet working to answer any questions about anything I had to throw at him, I received the book Monday and even a veteran woodworker and being in business for two years I still learned a few things especially about marketing, sales, and tips and techniques on production. If you think you even want to take the step, read about woodworking businesses, or just plain and simple want a great read this is the book for you :)
I am not affiliated with him anyway or how But felt I would share this information with others if they wanted to start a business in woodworking :)

-- Proverbs Ch:3 vs 5,6,7 Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he shall direct your path elmerthomas81@neo.rr.com

View sawblade1's profile

sawblade1

View rando1's profile

rando1

#1 posted 10-20-2010 09:18 PM

Sounds great how do I get a copy?

-- Randon Riegsecker, crosscutservices.com

View billb's profile

billb

#3 posted 10-20-2010 09:29 PM

Thanks Sawblade1,

I really appreciate your review and posting it here. I don’t mention it myself because it isn’t the reason I post here. I like sharing and am constantly learning from all the LJs. Thanks again.

Randon, the web site for the book is on my signature line and please contact me with any questions anytime. I definitely don’t have all the answers but I did have the opportunity to make many of the mistakes and learn from them. Thanks for your interest.

-- Bill, Austin, Texas, http://woodworking-business.com

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#4 posted 10-20-2010 09:38 PM

Sounds like a good book and I hope that it helps anybody that decides to read it. Starting a new business is never an easy ride and people need all the help they can get, especially in this economy.

View degoose's profile

degoose

7025 posts in 2022 days

#5 posted 10-20-2010 10:41 PM

I bought Bill’s book a few months back and read it from cover to cover… I have intended to write a review but just slack I guess… rather be making things in the workshop than writing about what I am reading… need to get on top of some of these other tasks… like getting my records up to date… and reviewing a few more tools and books..
Thanks Bill for a great book and thanks SB1 for reminding me to get my finger out…

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View Howie's profile

Howie

#6 posted 10-21-2010 03:30 AM

Is this book at Barnes and Noble etc or is it exclusive internet?

-- Life is good.

View MoreWoodPlease's profile

MoreWoodPlease

#7 posted 10-23-2010 02:27 PM

Its on Amazon.com for $17.05. Hey, if it will pay for more tools, I’m in.

-- Integrity is who we are when no one else is watching.

View billb's profile

billb

#8 posted 10-23-2010 11:34 PM

Thanks Larry,

Howie, it’s unlikely that Barnes and Noble would stock my book but any book store, including them, can order it for you since it is in major distribution. I do depend mostly on Amazon for sales of my books but have received orders from some bookstores. Thanks for your interest.

Bill

-- Bill, Austin, Texas, http://woodworking-business.com

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#9 posted 10-26-2010 02:44 PM

I also have a copy of this book and am in the process of reading it… I recommend it highly!