Another of my shop favorites

Review by Chris posted 10-17-2010 05:00 AM 2465 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Another of my shop favorites No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Accuracy, reliability, & quality; I received this a a Christmas present but have not had a lot of shop time until this fall. I love using this square on my projects and when setting up my machinery. The scale is very easy to read, the head slides easily along the length of the rule and it is about the easiest to put back on when you take it off as I sometimes do.

Is it expensive? Yes, but I feel it’s worth every penny.

View Chris 's profile

Chris

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

#1 posted 10-17-2010 05:37 AM

Thanks for the review!

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

#2 posted 10-17-2010 03:35 PM

Chris, thanks for the review. I have one of these on my list. I agree they are pricey but I am a firm believer that, with tools, you get what you pay for.

View jobott's profile

jobott

27 posts in 2051 days

#3 posted 10-17-2010 10:49 PM

After years of dealing with cheap combination squares, I finally bit the bullet and bought one of these. After a year of use I have to say it is one of the best tools in my shop. Accurate, easy to use and QUALITY. Don’t cheap out on a square if you’re looking for one. Accuracy is critical for good cuts and workmanship. I haven’t regetted it.

-- Joe B

View docholladay's profile

docholladay

#4 posted 10-18-2010 06:12 AM

I have one of these also. It is a very well made tool, and I do use it for some things, but the 12” is a little long for most of the things that I do. I have a 9” Brown and Sharpe that I use much more frequently than the 12” Starrett.

-- Hey, woodworking ain't brain surgery. Just do something and keep trying till you get it. Doc