Jorgensen Cabinet master Clamps

Review by njcraftsman posted 10-12-2010 02:48 AM 5626 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jorgensen Cabinet master Clamps No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Okay These aren’t cheap but they are a HUGE improvement of the F style Bar clamps I’ve always used. They make glueing up table tops, and cabinets a dream. Large wooden handles give plenty of gripping power.
I love em and plan to get more….once my wallet recovers from my Initial bunch.

-- " There is no more important rule than to wear these, SAFTEY GLASSES"

View njcraftsman's profile

njcraftsman

View Chris_T's profile

Chris_T

#1 posted 10-12-2010 03:18 AM

I have a few of them and I love them also. I need to buy a few more.

View freidasdad's profile

freidasdad

#2 posted 10-12-2010 03:25 AM

I have some from Sears and love them. I also plan to get more as money allows.

I don’t know what you plan to do with that piece of pine you’re gluing up but I love the way that knot lines up in the middle of the board. Looks good.

-- My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am---author unknown

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

#3 posted 10-12-2010 05:11 AM

A regional home center (Menard’s) has been running “Made in America” sales lately and these clamps (made in Chicago) are always part of that sale. I recently bought 4 of the 24” clamps for $20.00 each. Love them.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View VinnieP's profile

VinnieP

141 posts in 2012 days

#4 posted 10-12-2010 03:12 PM

I love mine as well. I always get them at Menards. They do the “made in america sale” a few times a year and all sizes are $10 off. I read a comparison review in a popular magazine once (sorry, can’t remember which one) that had them ranked 2nd behind Jet parallel clamps. They were ahead of Bessey for considerable less money. Especially with the sale! I would recommend them to any one.

View mnguy's profile

mnguy

161 posts in 2089 days

#5 posted 10-12-2010 03:43 PM

I have a couple of these Jorgensons and a couple of the old style Bessey K-body clamps. I like them both, but I prefer the K-body’s because they have a couple inches more usable length in the nominal 24” sizes I have, and they are lighter. The Jorgensons are a little easier to engage when I go to tighten them. Both excellent clamps.

View toolferone's profile

toolferone

#6 posted 10-15-2010 02:30 PM

KKickback’ Call Jorgenson and they will replace the broken parts. If it was like mine the metel headcracked. They have since changed them to steel instead of aluminum.

I have about 35 of these and I love them!! Yes they are heavy, but solid too..

-- Tom, http://www.dreamshopwoodworks.com

View Roger's profile

#7 posted 10-16-2010 02:08 AM

I feel these are way way overpriced! Holy krap, they cannot cost that much to build. Come on Jorgenson, give us a break

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View something_vague's profile

something_vague

#8 posted 10-16-2010 07:57 PM

It is not just Jorgenson that has these priced at that level so you certainly cannot blame them. IMO they are worth every penny and I wouldn’t use any other style of clamp for carcass/panel glue-ups. They more than excel at these tasks and there is very little deflection in the bar even while torqing them to their max. I pick these Jorgenson cabinet clamps over Bessey’s version any day. They just seem to funciton a little better as far as engaging the screw mechanism as well as not slamming open on my knuckles while they are loose. Just a great overall clamp.

Holy crap toolferone, that is a buttload of these clamps… 35 of them, I can’t compete with that. I thought I was doing well with 12 of them, but 35!!!

View toolferone's profile

toolferone

#9 posted 10-18-2010 05:10 AM

SHHH, not so loud my wife might hear you. LOL
There is no way I would have that many if it wasn’t for the deals I got on most of them.

Oh, and I miscounted it is 36. :)

-- Tom, http://www.dreamshopwoodworks.com

View sillac's profile

sillac

#10 posted 12-08-2010 04:17 AM

I only have 4 at this time, but when the shop gets done I will be getting more for sure, they will be a great help in building shop cabinets, can’t wait, Steve in Oregon

-- Steve in Oregon,