GREAT MULTI PURPOSE SHOP TOWEL

Review by Roz posted 09-29-2010 09:11 AM 2036 views 5 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
GREAT MULTI PURPOSE SHOP TOWEL No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I want to tell my fellow LJ’s about the towels I am using in my shop. An ordering mistake at work introduced them to me.
I found these towels very good for prepping a surface prior to applying a finishing or painting. These little towels are great for removing dust and debris, getting it all, leaving no residue or fiber behind. One towel will last a very long time and can be reused. I have used them for applying wiping stains and finished with good results. I have used these towels as filters for straining liquids and they worked well in that roll too. They effectively absorb spilled oil and paint. In three months I have managed to use only one package of about 25.
These towels are made by Kimberly Clark and are called L30 WypAll. There is a thicker version (L 40) but they cost more and do the same job.
I purchased them from a local paper and cleaning supply company. A case of 1084 cost less than $70.00. I think these are a great addition to the shop and superior to tack cloth a household rags; give them a try.

Thanks for reading.

-- Terry Roswell, L.A. (Lower Alabama) "Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans."

View RonPeters's profile

RonPeters

#1 posted 09-29-2010 03:50 PM

I also use Bounty quilted paper towels. No lint! Which is really nice when varnishing!

-- “Once more unto the breach, dear friends...” Henry V - Act III, Scene I

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#2 posted 09-29-2010 04:20 PM

It would take a lot of convincing to get me to stop using those blue shop paper towels I buy at Sams. No lint and great absorbency.

#3 posted 09-29-2010 05:11 PM

Oh nice, I may have to look into these. I usually use the Box of Towels from the Home Depot and cut up old T-shirts. Something better would certainly be helpful.

#4 posted 09-30-2010 03:04 AM

Love that picture Abbott.

#5 posted 09-30-2010 06:44 AM

Yeah, those are the Makita tool girls. The red head is the USA tool girl and the dark haired beauty is the tool senorita from Mexico. I just love them…er, I mean Makita tools.

#6 posted 09-30-2010 07:33 AM

Yeah, Me too!

View RJS's profile

RJS

#7 posted 09-30-2010 02:34 PM

We use these for everything at work. They are some of the best disposable towels out there. You can also buy them from office supply companies in big rolls, boxes, or the packages, and they are cheaper than the blue towels if you buy them by the case.

-- RJ

#8 posted 10-01-2010 02:03 AM

I found a case of 1080 here for $35.00 Click Free shipping. I am going to soon place an order. Thanks for the tip Roz.

View docholladay's profile

docholladay

#9 posted 10-01-2010 04:18 AM

For all of you Sci Fi fans that are also woodworkers, in the Douglas Adams series of books entitled “Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy” there are two things to always remember when you get in a tight spot while traveling throughout the universe. The first is “Don’t Panic.” The second is, “never go anywhere without your towel.” A good towel is indispensible when you need one.

-- Hey, woodworking ain't brain surgery. Just do something and keep trying till you get it. Doc

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

#10 posted 10-03-2010 04:32 AM

Are we really reviewing paper towels? What kind of toilet paper do you use? Come on, some things are just not worth reviewing…

#11 posted 10-03-2010 05:50 AM

Sears and Roebuck, You don’t have to read it, if it doesn’t help you.

View Jim Crockett (USN Retired)'s profile

Jim Crockett (USN Retired)

#12 posted 10-04-2010 03:52 AM

Personally, I found this to be a very informative and helpful post. Thanks, Roz. I’ll be ordering some of these soon if I am unable to find any locally.

Jim

-- A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including his/her life".

#13 posted 10-05-2010 03:56 AM

Thanks Jim, Glad you found it helpful.

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile (online now)

TopamaxSurvivor

#14 posted 10-16-2010 08:19 AM

Rich Are the blue ones good tack cloths too?

#15 posted 03-22-2011 03:57 PM

Rich, the blue towels I think you are talking about are the heavy shop hand towels. They don’t pick up fine dust as well as these towels discussed here.