Dust collector

Review by grandpasworkshop posted 1426 days ago 4128 views 1 time favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dust collector Dust collector No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought mine for 139.00 added a cyclone to it on account of I do lots if planning my own rough stock

View Fallon's profile

Fallon

That’s not much if any kind of review.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

There are several reviews of this unit. high quality unit that sells for much more at other retailers that slap their name on it and charge 3 times more.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

2570 posts in 1930 days

Enjoy!

View JimNEB's profile

JimNEB

That is very close to the set-up I’m thinking about. Can’t beat the price…

-- Jim, Nebraska

View smitty22's profile

smitty22

From one grandpa to another, thanks for the pictures, I was wondering how the external cyclone was configured.

-- Smitty

grandpasworkshop

Cant say enough about the vac,It is superb and deserves a high mark. I will admit that if you do lots of planning you should buy a cyclone for it. The shavings are a bit to large to go into standard system and blocks off the intake impeller.I bought the 30 gallon cyclone and metal trash can (30) gallon and have never had a problem .I only run 10 feet of hose but I’m sure it would be just fine with longer lengths of hose.

View Roger's profile

I’ve got that same collector. Also for the same price. You couldn’t pass that up. It works great. How does the cyclone addition work? I may invest in that cuz I’ve got lotsa ruff stuff waitin on bein smooth! :)

grandpasworkshop

I would highly recommend it if you have lots of planning to do.I planned some maple slabs ,took off neraly a inch and filled up the cyclone 30 gallon can where as I would have had to shut down and clean out import fan .Where in Kentucky are you from? I have some friends in Science Hill and Sandy Hook.Yes they PLAY bluegrass music each of them had there own bands and one sang lead for The Dr Ralph Stanley. Now you no the rest of my story Catch you latter

Jimnl

I’ve been wondering about this machine but I’m concerned about 2 things. First, I have never seen it for less than $189 and second, I see that it is a 20 amp peak and I’m worried about blowing the circuits every time I turn it on. Has anyone had any problems with that?

View Roger's profile

Jimnl: It was a few years ago when I purchased mine for 139.00. Go to HarborFreight.com and sign up for their email. You’ll get coupons…......some good, some, well, you know. Check it out. As far as blowing a circut: when I wired my shop, I run my dust collector on it’s own circuit. (I have 2 receptacles side by side on their own circuits… 20amp each) There is a plug-in-box out there where you plug in your saw, and your dust collector into it, and it has it’s own circuit breaker… Maybe someone here has one..?? I’m not sure how good they work. I am going to do one thing for sure, and that is, get a 1-micron bag for it. I think the one that comes with it is like a 5. It still works fine, and when it gets about 2/3’s full, I empty it.

View Roger's profile

For anyone interested….In issue 201 November 2010 WOOD magazine (that I just got in the mail), there is a coupon at Harbor Freight for $139.00 for this same dust collector.

Jimnl

it looks like I will have to get my sister the electrician to wire the garage for a couple of 20 amp breakers.