Fantastic Storage Chest -- Saves Me LOTS of Time

Review by Hawgnutz posted 2363 days ago 1010 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fantastic Storage Chest -- Saves Me LOTS of Time Fantastic Storage Chest -- Saves Me LOTS of Time Fantastic Storage Chest -- Saves Me LOTS of Time Click the pictures to enlarge them

Boy, where was this years ago?!? I would give it 6 stars if I could! It is deep enough to hold my cordless drill, circular saw, pneumatic nailers, tool bags, planes, nails, screws, spare batterys and still have room for a little more. (It holds LOTS of tools!) Plus it has a wheel that allows me to move it from garage to pickup to site. Now, when I have a large project that will take a couple of days, I can store all my tools in one place until I complete that job! Woo Hoo!

The top has a recess that alows you to fasten two 2×4s across it to form a low sawhorse and has teh boards sticking up just enough to be able to use them as a sort of bench hook for your stock.

The lid has some turnstyles (Yellow in third picture) that look like they will hold boxes of nails or screws in the recesses, too!

I got this at Home Depot, and they sell for around $60. I wholeheartedly recommend this! You will love it, too!

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

and the wheels are sturdy?
How long have you had this?

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

Debbie, so far the wheel are holding up fine. I have owned it for about 5 months and have used it to transport my tools out to the arena area, over uneven terrain… well not too uneven, like you have in Canada! LOL

It also has handles on each end to help load it into a truck bed. I had this filled up to the gills with my cordless tools, pneumatic nailer, hammers, and such and it loaded into my truck, stayed pretty much in place with bungees. The wheel is sturdy, but it could have been made larger. When you get this loaded like I do, itcan be hard to roll through “rough” terrain, but I get r done. Sure beats having to carry tools with only one arm and making lots of trips!

It also helps unclutter my garage/shop during summer months as I can use it to store all my cordless and construction tools in it, instead of storing in garage. Just roll it outside when you need to get in, and roll it back inside when the day is over!

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View jerryz's profile

jerryz

164 posts in 1902 days

This boxes are soo good that I bought 2 of them and have had them for 2 years now. Bought them at the HD store.
They have also the possibility of putting some 2×4 reiforcements on the top and inside.
Extremely useful, highly recommended.

112008 posts in 2201 days

Nice review, where’s the refrigerator compartment?