Woodworker's joint book

Review by mafe posted 09-22-2010 02:27 PM 1831 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodworker's joint book No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Woodworker’s joint book
The complete guide to wood joinery.

By: Terrie Noll 2002

ISBN-13: 9780785822271
ISBN-10: 0785822275

All the wood joints you can think of.
Well illustrated, and really fine walk through on each joint type.
A really good beginners book, not rocket engineering, but all you need to know in one book.

Brilliant little book, with spiral back that makes it easy to stay open on the workbench.

Best thoughts,
MaFe

-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#1 posted 09-22-2010 02:29 PM

Thanks for the tip, Mads. Coming from you I know it must be a good book if you recommend it.

Thanks

-- helluvawreck aka Charles, http://woodworkingexpo.wordpress.com

View rivergirl's profile

rivergirl

#2 posted 09-22-2010 02:42 PM

Mads- are you sure this book is about WOOD? ;)

-- Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

#3 posted 09-22-2010 02:45 PM

Rivergirl, yes! Don’t try to smoke it!
LOL

View rivergirl's profile

rivergirl

#4 posted 09-22-2010 02:50 PM

Smoke it? Who? Me? ;) I will only read the book…but I have to tell you for a minute there I thought the author was Tommy Chong and Cheech Marin.

#5 posted 09-22-2010 02:52 PM

Stop before I get a heart attac!
Loliaioooooooooooo!

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#6 posted 09-22-2010 02:56 PM

Up in Smoke, 1978. That was a good movie; but I bet that this joint book is even better. I almost bought it the other day, now I think I will, maybe dovetail book too.

-- helluvawreck aka Charles, http://woodworkingexpo.wordpress.com

#7 posted 09-22-2010 03:07 PM

Yes, I think we should do more book reviews here, I try to start now, have five or ten more that will get a review.
But also bad books, so we know what are good and bad!
Best thoughts,

View Chip's profile

Chip

1904 posts in 4088 days

#8 posted 09-22-2010 04:35 PM

Have had this book for a year or so now and it really is good. I would highly recommend it to all levels of woodworking for quick reference, but especially if you’re just starting out.

-- Better to say nothing and be thought the fool... then to speak and erase all doubt!

View BritBoxmaker's profile

BritBoxmaker

#9 posted 09-22-2010 05:08 PM

Thanks Mads. I used to roll my own. Now I can learn how to do it properly!

-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging.

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

#10 posted 09-22-2010 08:49 PM

thanks Mads this will beconsidered seriusly
cut out joints and see some cheech and chong under a havey smockclaud
that will bring back some werd memories…..lol

a book for the shop is always worth trying

now where is my tobacpaper
later
Dennis

View Jim Crockett (USN Retired)'s profile

Jim Crockett (USN Retired)

#11 posted 09-23-2010 03:08 AM

This is a good book, I have it. Although it doesn’t cover every joint known to man, it does cover a wide variety. Lots of good information between the covers that will make us better woodworkers. Highly recommended!

Jim

-- A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including his/her life".

View poroskywood's profile

poroskywood

#12 posted 09-23-2010 02:37 PM

Sorry, I thought this book was about something else….

-- There's many a slip betwixt a cup and a lip.--Scott

View Roger's profile

20928 posts in 2800 days

#13 posted 10-16-2010 02:15 AM

ear…..................... pass it over to me Oh, nevermind

View BritBoxmaker's profile

BritBoxmaker

#14 posted 10-16-2010 01:25 PM

Stop Bogarting, Roger.

#15 posted 10-16-2010 09:20 PM

Hey man you can’t use all the paper!