But seriously, review of a tape?

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 09-18-2010 01:09 AM 2061 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
But seriously, review of a tape? But seriously, review of a tape? No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Yes, If you, like me, had your share of problems with the right hand table saw scale then this review makes sense. Otherwise, you can skip it.
Anyheaux, So the Ridgid 3660 TS right hand scale has been a problem since the day I got it. It was placed/taped in a wrong location. So I ordered an original scale and that one stayed on for two weeks and it started to peal off.The rail was cleaned completely before applying the strip. Maybe too hot in Houston. Not sure. But it was extremely difficult to place it on rail because Ridgid scale is thick and gets bent real ez and it becomes useless. So after a long search for a ¾ steel tape, I found this 6 feet Starrett. It is extremely accurate
inch on top and mm on bottom. You can cut it to size and it goes on with no wrinkles or dents. And it’s under $10.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

View jim C's profile

jim C

#1 posted 09-18-2010 03:13 AM

Starrett has been around forever, especially in the metals manufacturing industry. I had and have many of their products, and all of them exceeded my expectations.
Great new product.

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 2002 days

#3 posted 09-18-2010 12:47 PM

I have a couple of those on the way, so glad to hear they work well.

Putting a Delta T2 on my R4511 and had to remove the original one and it would not re- position. Think I stretched it all out of whack when I removed it.

View Seeharlez's profile

Seeharlez

#4 posted 09-21-2010 08:05 PM

The tape that came with my Grizzly TS measure short and I couldn’t even stretch it to get it accurate. I bought a replacement from Lee Valley (maybe starrett?) it it is dead on with anything else I can compare it to.

-- Greg - Vancouver, BC