Dewalt DW735 and DW7350 planer stand

Review by pintodeluxe posted 1409 days ago 5832 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dewalt DW735 and DW7350 planer stand Dewalt DW735 and DW7350 planer stand Dewalt DW735 and DW7350 planer stand Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been very pleased with the 735 planer and 7350 planer stand with mobile base. The base rolls around effortlessly, yet locks down solidly with the push of a foot pedal. The planer works very well. I like to remove only about 1/32” per pass to limit wear on the machine. I have never had feed roller problems like some competitor brands, and the chip ejection fan (along with a Jet DC650 dust collector) leaves no chips on the floor and no dust in the air!
Blade changes and adjustments are easy through the top access panel. The planer even comes with a magnetic allen wrench for easy blade removal.
I even planed some mdf for tablesaw inserts, and it worked great.
Depth stop, material removal gauge, 2 speeds, dust collection – what more could a guy want?

UPDATE I added the extension tables shortly after buying this planer, and they work great. With the outside end of the tables raised 1/16” higher that the bed of the planer, snipe is eliminated.
After using this setup for 2-1/2 years, I can report that the planer has held up great. I am on my third set of blades after running thousands of lineal feet of hardwood. The blades don’t last quite as long as I would like, but at least they are two-sided. If they dull, just reverse the blades and you have new blades.
Even a nick in the blade can be overcome by sliding one or more blades sideways. Since there are three blades, the nick will be overlapped by a good blade.
Still a 5 star tool after 2-1/2 years.

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 1911 days

I have the same set up and like all those features as well.

The adjustable tables to me are necessary to prevent snipe, and if you shop around you can find a deal on them. Got mine from Grizzly.

View Mike001's profile

Mike001

I have the same with the tables and a Wixey digital thickness readout, very good reviews and easy blade chages. Even with the tables I get pretty deep snipe on the last 4-5 inches of a board when the material comes out from under the leading (input side) roller. Can you adjust the tables to help? I’ve seen tricks to alleviate it by putting extentions on the board on each side, but always seem to forget until I’ve ruined 4-5 inches of a very nice piece of wood.

-- "Always with Honor"

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 1911 days

Mike- sent you a pm so as not to hijack the review.:)

View ClayandNancy's profile

ClayandNancy

Bought mine a couple years ago on “what a deal” and finally got to use it last weak. I’m amazed how smooth wood comes out of the planer. Did have some snipe but if you raise the board up a little as it comes out, no snipe. Cato I think I’ll check out the out feed tables. Pintodeluxe, Thanks for the review

View Michael J's profile

Michael J

I’ve used my relatively new 735 a few times now and don’t have the tables. The first time I had snipe, but after taking the advice from someone on LJ’s about holding up the boards as it comes out of the planer, I haven’t had any snipe since. Worked like a charm. Great planer!

-- Mike Minneapolis, MN

View MarkNE's profile

MarkNE

I have owned this for about 18 months and have the table extensions and if you set them up well you can eliminate most of the snipe. Holding the board on the out feed end also helps. I have turned the blades once and usually remove material in 1/16” segments from alternating sides of the board unless I am book matching panels. Maple and White Oak I usually go 1/32” at a time. Great machine but I started out with the bag collection system before I installed a central dust collector and that was a mess because the machine does such a good job blowing out the chips and dust. Have bag system for sale if anyone needs one.

My original purchase was based on this review

Mark Nebraska

-- Mark, Nebraska

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

I look at this machine every time that I go into Lowes and am becoming more and more interested in it. Thanks for the info.

View TheOldTimer's profile

TheOldTimer

Low’s has this machine for $549.00 and I am going to pick one up this weekend. I do not think you will find this machine any cheaper unless you buy used or rebuilt. I will order the infeed and outfeed tables also.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

View Danestar's profile

Danestar

I agree I used mine for first time a couple weeks ago on some rough 4 yr old air dried Walnut and planed like butter. This machine is solid. There is a link and will have to dig for it but it shows how to convert the blades to the rotary style blades and not the long blades. So when you nick the blade you dont have to replace all of them just the tooth.