Harbor Freight Scissor Lift Table

Review by jcwalleye posted 09-15-2010 04:46 AM 6380 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Harbor Freight Scissor Lift Table No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Tool Review
500 lb capacity hydraulic lift table

I struggle lowering cabinets or other heavy items from the workbench down to the floor. It’s often more of a controlled drop than anything else. I thought it was just me, but the topic came up on one of the forums recently. Someone mentioned that they used a scissor lift table from Harbor Freight and several others chimed in saying they used the same thing. It was such a simple solution, I had to get one.

A friend picked it up in Billings MT at the HF outlet. The list price was $189.99, on sale for $149.99 and after the 20% off coupon it ended up costing $119.99. The table height runs from 9” to 27¼” off the ground. The table size is 27¾” long and 17 5/8” wide. The paint job is good, thick, with no chips and was made in China. It comes with a rubber mat that you can use or not.

Assembly couldn’t be easier. Still in the carton, flip the table on to its back, bolt on two wheels and flip it onto the wheels. Bolt the two handle tubes into the sleves and bolt on the jack lever. Done.

The table is heavy, I think close to 100# and stable even with a heavy cabinet fully raised. It rolls easy. I’ve used it a few times and it does a good job moving items to and from the assembly table and floor.

The table does a fine job raising and lowering heavy items. It’s a pretty good place to put parts being machined. And it’s handy for finishing. You can roll projects out of the shop for spraying or spin the table around to get the back side. I may cut the handles shorter for easier finishing access on all 4 sides. It comes with a rubber mat that I haven’t used because I want to slide stuff easily on and off. The mat may be a good router pad.

So far I’m pretty pleased. We’ll have to see if the HF poor quality bugaboo hits, most likely to be in the hydraulics.

-- Trees, a wonderful gift --Joe--

View jcwalleye's profile

jcwalleye

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#1 posted 09-15-2010 07:58 PM

THX for info.
Once in a while HF comes through with a gem or two for unbeatable price.
That’s a must have and next on the list.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

#2 posted 09-16-2010 02:06 AM

I have my DeWalt DW733 planer on one of these … it ‘parks’ under the workbench when not in use, and with the table up, is a pefect height for the planer.

View cwdance1's profile

cwdance1

1143 posts in 1944 days

#3 posted 09-16-2010 02:46 AM

That looks like a real back saver, its never to early to save your back.

View BigJimAK's profile

BigJimAK

30 posts in 1976 days

#4 posted 09-16-2010 05:18 AM

I’ve got a very similar HF unit I bought off of Craigslist. I’ve used it to raise up my 32”x50” RT cabinet for assembly, finishing and to affix door and drawer hardware. Another use has been for handheld router work by building a removeable top from MDF, installing a “lip” on the end to prevent sliding and placing it over the table. I’ve also used it as an adjustable-height sanding platform.

If your back and your knees aren’t what they once were (or they’re good and you want to keep them that way), think of the convenience of adjusting your work surface to your own convenience.

I don’t “own stock” but I sure like mine!!

-- Jim in Alaska

View GrandpaE's profile

GrandpaE

#5 posted 09-16-2010 02:54 PM

I recently acquired the 1,000# unit similar to this one and am having trouble keeping the table elevated for any length of time. I’ve tried purging the hydraulics but it doesn’t seem to help. Has anyone else had this problem?

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

#6 posted 09-16-2010 03:37 PM

GrandpaE—Yup. Came up with a pretty low-tech solution: I prop it up with a 1” dowel.

View GrandpaE's profile

GrandpaE

#7 posted 09-16-2010 06:17 PM

TheDane—Thanks. I was thinking of doing the same thing but wondered if I was the only one with a lemon. Now I know it isn’t just mine. I appreciate the info.

View BTKS's profile

BTKS

1971 posts in 2150 days

#8 posted 09-19-2010 11:03 PM

Good idea. This may be a near future addition to the shop.
I really like your floor finish. I’m about to try quick crete’s epoxy floor cover. Hope it looks half as good as yours.
BTKS

-- "Man's ingenuity has outrun his intelligence" (Joseph Wood Krutch)