|Review by Greedo||posted 1277 days ago||1540 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
i saw this one being sold in a “dual pack” along with the GSR 10,8 drill driver for an interesting price where you basically get the GSR almost for free, but with only 2 batteries for both. (those are the european names)
and yesterday i had my first “on site job” and i simply could not have done the job without this tool as i had to remove screws from inside tight boxes.
it comes in a soft mallet with 2 bits wich i thought was another gadget i would never use, but it turns out to be an ideal tool case for smaller jobs. yesterday i fitted all my drill bits, a fold meter, a roll of sandpaper, a spare battery, pencils and a paint brush plus the drill driver itself in this little mallet and it was all i needed for the job. so i certainly won’t toss it away.
- it feels solid and robust and it’s quite larger and more heavy than you might think.
- the angle can be adjusted in 5 positions from 0 to 90 degrees by pushing on the side of the head.
- the shortest head on the market
- easy to adjust torque setting.
- it lacks power for screws bigger than 4mm, it has 13nm wich is barely enough. it will give up as soon as it gets too hard, BUT it starts with such a high torque boost that you can still get the screws in as deep as you want by giving little pumps on the trigger.
- the head is just as wide as a the widest part of my 14.4v driver, only it’s so close to the bit that you cannot go as close to the corners as with a regular driver.
- it’s quick adapt bit holder seems to only be able to clamp the long and medium bits wich are 2-4 times longer than the Bosch bits i normally use. wich makes the drill longer?? thats quite stupid, unless there are short bits available with the quick adapt butt.
(for my job i had to use short bits otherwise the drill wouldn’t have fit in the tight space, only the bits tended to fall out…)
i certainly do not regret buying this tool, it will get me out of situations no other tool could.
but it certainly isn’t THE tool for all the tricky situations, wich is quite regretfull.