Ryobi Tek4 headphones....GREAT buy!

Review by Mark posted 1447 days ago 5944 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ryobi Tek4 headphones....GREAT buy! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So this is a must buy! I had just purchased these at The Home Depot at $60 and its worth every penny! I thought they were just regular headphones with a built in radio but then I tried it on and turns out it doesnt have a radio but it shuts out loud noises and magnifies the small sounds! I tested it out and I could still hear my radio as I was running wood through my planer! AMAZING! And not only that but it comes with a 4V battery and charger! You can also connect your MP3 player to it to listen to music while they’re on. And it supplies the cord to connect it! Well worth the money!

View TheOldTimer's profile

TheOldTimer

Thanks for the revue, I need a new pair and have been looking at these. Will pick up a pair and give them a try. No Ipod, EMradio.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

View Russ's profile

Russ

I love these. I will say they are not super loud but more than good enough to listen to podcasts and such while working in the shop. Also this encourages me to keep hearing protection on all the time.

As for the ability to hear outside noises it is great. I can hear my 3 year old from the front of the shop while standing in the back.

-- Russ

1787 posts in 1907 days

ya these are crazy…you hear the simplest things and when you run a saw or planer it blocks it out

View mmh's profile

mmh

These sound like a Must Have. We’ve got several types of ear protection headwear and some just don’t fit right or quite keep as much loud noise out. I’ll have to try a pair.

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

1787 posts in 1907 days

i highly recommend it mmh…n im not a dr

View glassyeyes's profile

glassyeyes

136 posts in 1962 days

I got these in a set at HD that was being discontinued, cheaper than the hearing muffs alone. They are comfortable and effective. Two thumbs up!

-- Now, where did I put those bandaids?

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19393 posts in 2484 days

Cool.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Jamie Speirs's profile

Jamie Speirs

I’ve never used ear defenders before (40yrs in the trade) this is enough to get me to look in the UK for a pair thanks
jamie

just found a pair £65 ouch!

-- Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

View HuntleyBill's profile

HuntleyBill

I went out and purchased one based on your review. I tried them on for about 15 min. when my wife called me up from the shop. Yes, with these on, I actually heard her call me from upstairs….......damn it!!!!!

-- If you think you can, or think you can't...your right!

View Ryan Brown's profile

Ryan Brown

Hey guys. Home Depot has a deal where when you buy any of the Tek4 tools, you get a free Tek4 MP3 player. Awesome deal though September 29th! It is the second line in the description, and on the main tools page. I’ll be picking mine up this weekend…

At one pound it is pretty heavy for an MP3 player, and there is nothing that says how much memory it has, but it’s free! FREEEEEEeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem. Roanoke, VA

lol sweet deal guys…i love mine 100%....despite hearing my wife so easily lol

View Anthony Finelli's profile

Anthony Finelli

I absolutely love the Tek4 headphones, I’m lost without it!! They go out on the lawn mower with me then right back into my workshop. The only thing that I did not like is the cord that comes with the unit for use with an Mp3 player broke within the first month, and my buddies did as well. I bought a new connecting cord and have had no problems since….thanks for the review!!

-- Salem, New York "Find something you love to do and you will never have to work another day of your life"