Making Woodpeckers Locking Rings Readable

Review by PoppyJo posted 09-03-2010 03:54 AM 2227 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Making Woodpeckers Locking Rings Readable Making Woodpeckers Locking Rings Readable Making Woodpeckers Locking Rings Readable Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hi to all my fellow Woodpeckers, I just received my set of 8 Locking Rings for the PRL V2. I’m very impressed with the lift, but a little disappointed with the Locking Rings. They don’t look like some of the pictures and are very hard to read (have to catch the light just right). So an easy solution is to use “White Out” over all the recessed lettering, let dry and clean up using mineral spirits, now thats makes my job a little easier.

The White Out is pretty tough and is recessed in the disk and should last a very long time, but be careful when using the mineral spirits, it will start taking off the arrow head, but you could recoat it.

Enjoy

Great idea!

View araldite's profile

araldite

#3 posted 09-03-2010 05:43 PM

I just got a set of those myself. I’m gonna go ahead and do that. Thanks for making life a bit easier.

#4 posted 09-04-2010 12:40 AM

Hey everybody, anyone looking for a reasonable router table, check out RT1000.com. Very, Very reasonable, its made in Canada and with the shipping charge, It can’t be beat. I have one myself and I think I paid under $300 delivered. Joe is one nice guy to deal with, say hello for me.

#5 posted 09-04-2010 12:41 AM

Nay on the black marker!!! Stay with the White, you won’t be sorry.

View Kris Koenig's profile

Kris Koenig

#6 posted 09-07-2010 09:35 PM

Another trick I learned a long time ago from role playing dice is to use crayons. Use a contrasting color and rub it into the engraved letters with some force. Then you can just rub the extra off with a rag. Easy to apply, easy to see, easy to repair.

View Holt's profile

Holt

#7 posted 06-24-2013 04:55 PM

Nice trick. We used to do the same thing with the dice used in playing Dungeons and Dragons back before they started inking those 8-20 sided dice