Great Cordless Circular Saw!

Review by Hawgnutz posted 2372 days ago 7708 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Cordless Circular Saw! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

When my whimpy Craftsman cordless circular saw finally gave up the ghost, I replced it with this one by Dewalt. So far it has been a fantastic buy. The XRP battery quikly takes a full charge in under an hour and gives you about 6 or 8 hours of steady cutting. I first used this in framing a loafing shed for our horses and it performed flawlesy, cutting treated 4×4s, plywood, and treated and untreated 2×4s. It comes with a case that has a mounting post complete with a clip for replacement blades, and your local hardware store should have a good selection of the 6 1/2” size. I got a set from Home Depot by Oldham that includes a great 24 tooth blade and a 120 tooth blade that slices through plywood.

The included fence will easily fit on either side. The soul plate tilts right or left and can be adjusted for depth of cut.

All-in-all, this is an awesome saw that will see much use in my shop! You will be happy, too!

God Bless,
Hawg

-- Saving barnwood from the scrapyards

View Hawgnutz's profile

Hawgnutz

Hi Hawg,

I have one of these, bought it as part of a combo set. I don’t even use my electric models anymore. It doesn’t have the torque that these do but the convenience outweighs this.

Thanks for the post.

View shaun's profile

shaun

I got this one in a 9 piece combo pack and haven’t taken my porter cable corded saw out if it’s case since. I wouldn’t throw the corded saw away cause theres some jobs that this one just doesn’t have the power for, I don’t think I’d try to cut a 4×4 fence post with it. But along with Hawg and Scott, it definitely gets my vote. I haven’t had the same experience with battery life but then again my batteries have got a lot of miles on them. Im with Hawg on the need to purchase some quality blades with it. Do that and I’m certain that you’ll be a happy shopper.

-- I've cut that board three times and it's still too short!

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

I had a chance to buy the 5pc. set with this saw in a few years back. The price was good too! I remember telling my friend it looked “cute” and we’ll pass. Now I feel like an Idiot after using one. Never judge a book by it’s cover!!!

-- --Chuck