I'm Loving It Already

Review by MattMcC posted 1441 days ago 3254 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I'm Loving It Already No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have to give two thumbs up to the Makita MAC2400. Just received today after selling off my old Campbell Hausfield 4HP 13 Gallon tank. My god that thing was loud! The Makita purrs like a kitten. After breaking it in, I ran it through a couple cycles. Recovers extremely fast and its such a pleasure to not be sent fleeing from the general area because of the noise. I know I have not taken it through its paces but I expect a long service life, consistent with a Makita. It is a little heavy but that just tells you that the thing is solid. I still find it to be portable. I can’t believe I waited this long to get something better. I lose a little flexibility with the capacy of my old compressor, but this is so much more compact and quiet. I don’t do much spray gun or other air tool stuff. Mainly just nailers, so this is MORE than adequate.

Since I have a collection of Ridgid tools I try to be a Ridgid homer when I can, but when I compared this to the ridgid 4 gallon, it was no contest. Went with the Makita even though $30 more expensive. Bought on Amazon at $298, no taxes and free delivery. I would call that a good deal.

I would highly recommend this unit.

View MattMcC's profile

MattMcC

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

THX, good to know this thing is quiet.
Yep, my oil free and noise freer porter cable pancake compressor has me wearing ear muffs and even then it’s hard to be around more than a cycle.

-- Router รจ ancora il mio nome.

View jim C's profile

jim C

Anything I’ve purchased that’s Makita has been 5 stars. I have a Makita portable drill 9v and it’s 10 years old. Still the same battery.
My Makita sliding compound saw just runs and runs and runs. It’s about 7 years old.
Next acquisition is the Makita track saw.

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

In my shop quiet tools are always appreciated.

112001 posts in 2181 days

Enjoy I hope it gives you good service

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

I have had this compressor for over a year in my shop. It has been a good unit and I am very pleased with it. No problems with it what so ever.

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

Would you say this compressor vibrates a lot?
I have used a craftsman and it is horrible. It will bonce off and unplugging the cord.

-- shdesign3.com

View MattMcC's profile

MattMcC

Steven – it definitely does not bounce. It also comes with rubber feet that cut down on the noise and vibration further. Well thought out. Fit and finish is also very good—better than others I saw at the big box sztore.

View OttawaP's profile

OttawaP

Love mine too, just purrs along nicely…..until recently. Pressure switch fried, apparently it is a known issue. Still under warranty and I should have it back next week. Thankfully we have a Maikta factoryservice depot in town, no messing around.

-- Paul

View thiel's profile

thiel

I’ve had mine for a year. Couldn’t be happier!

I would argue that it basically doesn’t vibrate at all! My workbench is a steel industrial car with a maple top, and I’ve never registered any annoyance at the compressor sitting its lowest shelf!

-- Laziness minus Apathy equals Efficiency

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

1002 posts in 2089 days

I’m glad to see others purchasing this great little compressor. I’ve had mine for two years. Used regularly, no problems. Very quite. Leave the drain open after each use.

View thiel's profile

thiel

btw… I did buy my factory refurbished on ebay… for $179! Looks and functions like new.

-- Laziness minus Apathy equals Efficiency

View Kent Shepherd's profile

Kent Shepherd

Thanks for the review. I have been wondering about that compressor.

Thanks

-- She thought I hung the moon--now she just thinks I did it wrong

View wallkicker's profile

wallkicker

I am due for a new one . I was thinking about going with the oiled version as I know they are much quieter . This kind of seals the deal for me . Thanks for posting .

View Richard's profile

Richard

I’ve been looking for a new one to replace my old bostitich. Thanks

View IFHConstruction's profile

IFHConstruction

Has anyone tried hooking this up to an axillary tank to get a little more capacity out of it? It has a great cfm for its size, I wonder if the pump could handle the extra run time.