My Ridig shopvac works better now

Review by woodsmith posted 1449 days ago 2190 views 2 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My Ridig shopvac works better now My Ridig shopvac works better now No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

In my use of shopvacs if you get a filter that will trap fine sawdust it stops up quickly. But some how Gore has come up with a way to give me the best of both worlds, longlife and HEPA filter. I have been using the first filter over a year and it still works. I have blown it out a few times. It is not cheap but to me it is worth it.

-- woodsmith

View woodsmith's profile

woodsmith

View mnguy's profile

mnguy

159 posts in 1996 days

Agree this is an excellent investment. I have had one on my Craftsman shop vac for ~10 years, same filter, knock the dust off periodically, and have rinsed it out a few times, and it still works great. Much better airflow than standard pleated filters from the OEM’s and plug up more slowly. Plus, you can vacuum up drywall sanding dust without a plume coming out of the exhaust.

In the end, I think a Cleanstream actually saves you money because it will outlast several OEM filters.

View sillac's profile

sillac

So where do you get these filters and how much to they cost? Steve in Oregon

-- Steve in Oregon,

View woodsmith's profile

woodsmith

Home Depot sells the filter. I am not sure what the price is now but it about the same price as the Ridgid HEPA filter. Now where do I get the drywall bag?

-- woodsmith