Ridgid EB4424 oscillating sander

Review by njcraftsman posted 07-30-2010 04:58 AM 6135 views 0 times favorited 39 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid EB4424 oscillating sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought this one based on the reviews a year ago and Im not sorry I did! This is a great sander both. I love the ability to go from a spindle sander to the belt. Even came with plenty of diff. spindle sizes. The dust collection has been great, and it’s so quiet. This is a huge time saver on projects. At $200.00 this is a must have for the shop.

-- " There is no more important rule than to wear these, SAFTEY GLASSES"

View njcraftsman's profile

View NBeener's profile

#1 posted 07-30-2010 05:00 AM

Quite a few of us have them, and … almost all seem to love them.

Thanks for the write-up !

-- -- Neil

View longgone's profile

#2 posted 07-30-2010 05:23 AM

I use mine alot and it is a valuable addition to my shop at a very affordable cost.

View Tim29's profile

#3 posted 07-30-2010 06:14 AM

This is a great sander. I have one and use it all the time.

-- Tim, Nevada MO

View Jim K's profile

Jim K

#4 posted 07-30-2010 06:29 AM

I like mine too.
i have has mine for 5 months now.

View jasony's profile

#5 posted 07-30-2010 07:33 AM

have it, love it. Great sander.

View Abbott's profile

#6 posted 07-30-2010 07:45 AM

I like mine.

#7 posted 07-30-2010 11:59 AM

No complaints on mine either : )

#8 posted 07-30-2010 12:39 PM

I have one of these on my list as well and will add it to my shop when my wife gives me an advance on my allowance. Thanks for the review.

View kshipp's profile

#9 posted 07-30-2010 01:01 PM

I love mine too. Just using it this morning in fact. And I’m always surprised at how quiet it is. Especially because it was 5a and I live in an apartment. Hopefully my neighbors also think it’s quiet.

-- Kyle Shipp,

View ellen35's profile

#10 posted 07-30-2010 01:16 PM

Love mine too… anything that cuts down on intricate hand sanding gets my vote.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View jim C's profile

jim C

#11 posted 07-30-2010 02:21 PM

I have one and love it.
Could be the best product Ridgid has come up with… to the 3650 T.S.

View JimNEB's profile

#12 posted 07-30-2010 04:53 PM

I’ve had mine since the beginning of the summer and its already proved its worth. I find all kinds of ways to use it.

-- Jim, Nebraska

View Dukegijoe's profile

55 posts in 2086 days

#13 posted 07-30-2010 05:49 PM

I went to the box store to buy new paper for the spindles, and the manager of the tool department told me they are discontinuing the sander. I couldn’t believe it. Anybody know if there is any truth to that? I would hate to see a good tool go!

-- Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes! - Walter Blodgett

View reggiek's profile

#14 posted 07-30-2010 06:51 PM

Hopefully it is just the box store might not be carrying it anymore…A few of the Borg are discontinuing carrying Rigid tools…do not know why…Maybe it is due to the cheapo stuff they can sell by Ryobi and Craftsman? I would find it rediculous for Ridgid to discontinue such a useful tool?

I too have this sander and the only problem I have had was one of the sleeves would not go on the rubber…no mater how much talcum I put on it…..I had to stretch it out on a clamp spreader….but it works fine now….I would agree with everyone else above…and all the reviews (I researched this in great detail for such a small purchase)....I have used this sander more than any other in my shop….it is so convenient…even the belt is great.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View chewbuddy13's profile

#15 posted 07-30-2010 11:05 PM

I have this as well, it is great.