Ridgid EB4424 oscillating sander

Review by njcraftsman posted 1492 days ago 5380 views 0 times favorited 39 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid EB4424 oscillating sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought this one based on the reviews a year ago and Im not sorry I did! This is a great sander both. I love the ability to go from a spindle sander to the belt. Even came with plenty of diff. spindle sizes. The dust collection has been great, and it’s so quiet. This is a huge time saver on projects. At $200.00 this is a must have for the shop.

-- " There is no more important rule than to wear these, SAFTEY GLASSES"

View njcraftsman's profile

njcraftsman

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

Yup.

Quite a few of us have them, and … almost all seem to love them.

Thanks for the write-up !

-- -- Neil

View Greg..the Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile

Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor

5020 posts in 1943 days

I use mine alot and it is a valuable addition to my shop at a very affordable cost.

View Tim29's profile

Tim29

This is a great sander. I have one and use it all the time.

-- Tim, Nevada MO

View Jim K's profile

Jim K

I like mine too.
i have has mine for 5 months now.

View jasony's profile

jasony

have it, love it. Great sander.

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

2570 posts in 1938 days

I like mine.

No complaints on mine either : )

I have one of these on my list as well and will add it to my shop when my wife gives me an advance on my allowance. Thanks for the review.

View kshipp's profile

kshipp

I love mine too. Just using it this morning in fact. And I’m always surprised at how quiet it is. Especially because it was 5a and I live in an apartment. Hopefully my neighbors also think it’s quiet.

-- Kyle Shipp, http://battleshipp.blogspot.com

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2566 posts in 2067 days

Love mine too… anything that cuts down on intricate hand sanding gets my vote.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View jim C's profile

jim C

I have one and love it.
Could be the best product Ridgid has come up with….....next to the 3650 T.S.

View JimNEB's profile

JimNEB

I’ve had mine since the beginning of the summer and its already proved its worth. I find all kinds of ways to use it.

-- Jim, Nebraska

View Dukegijoe's profile

Dukegijoe

I went to the box store to buy new paper for the spindles, and the manager of the tool department told me they are discontinuing the sander. I couldn’t believe it. Anybody know if there is any truth to that? I would hate to see a good tool go!

-- Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes! - Walter Blodgett

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

2240 posts in 1905 days

Hopefully it is just the box store might not be carrying it anymore…A few of the Borg are discontinuing carrying Rigid tools…do not know why…Maybe it is due to the cheapo stuff they can sell by Ryobi and Craftsman? I would find it rediculous for Ridgid to discontinue such a useful tool?

I too have this sander and the only problem I have had was one of the sleeves would not go on the rubber…no mater how much talcum I put on it…..I had to stretch it out on a clamp spreader….but it works fine now….I would agree with everyone else above…and all the reviews (I researched this in great detail for such a small purchase)....I have used this sander more than any other in my shop….it is so convenient…even the belt is great.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View chewbuddy13's profile

chewbuddy13

150 posts in 1920 days

I have this as well, it is great.