Electric power hoist

Review by jerset posted 07-23-2010 02:39 AM 5715 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Electric power hoist Electric power hoist No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Electric Power Hoist
I needed a way to lift heavy loads in and out of my pickup. Table saw 600 # Band saw 275 # Drill press 140 #
I purchased this hoist from Cabela’s and the swing out hoist frame. I

Made in china sold by Cabela’s, Grizzly, Harbor Fright and others.
EM # 44006 MANUFACTURER: CHICAGO ELECTRIC POWER TOOLS
Description

decided to mount the hoist on a galvanized pipe, a 4’ section in the ground 2’ deep with 2 60# sacks of concrete, a coupling with a 10 section on this giving me a 12’ vertical support attached to the eve of the garage. The correct pipe size is 2 1/4’, with the line doubled, using nylon straps purchased from Grizzly I was able to unload the 600# saw with ease. I then set the saw on a mobile base and rolled into the shop.

This 880 lb. hoist helps you lift heavy, bulky items, and operates with a remote control that lets you stand safely away from the item you’re lifting. Electric hoist motor lifts at a rate of up to 33 ft. per minute.

5-ft. remote-control cord for power up/power down
Single-line capacity: 440 lbs.
Double-line capacity: 880 lbs.
Single cable length: 38 ft.
Motor: 1-1/8 HP
3400 RPM
8 amps
800 watts

Cabela’s Heavy-Duty Electric Hoist Frame

Overall Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Read Reviews(8) | Write a Review

Mount your hoist anywhere
Swings out of way when not in use

Works with both the 400-lb. and 800-lb. models. Mounts to steel post and swings out of way when not in use. 1,300-lb. capacity. Extents to 29-1/2”. All hardware included (pole not included).

-- jerset

View jerset's profile

jerset

View rustfever's profile

rustfever

632 posts in 2005 days

#1 posted 07-23-2010 03:17 AM

You are getting wiser as you get old. THIS IS FANTASTIC. I have a bad back trying to do things the ‘Hard Way’

-- Rustfever, Central California

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#2 posted 07-23-2010 03:47 AM

Looks like a good tool, I will need one.

Have you tried mounting it indoors, because
I don’t want my garage roof to collapse. LOL

#3 posted 07-24-2010 03:41 AM

This is what I am installing in my new shop

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

#4 posted 07-26-2010 09:36 PM

thank´s for the reminder of using a hoistsystem
I will make a note in my book I have to remember theese things in

Dennis

View poopiekat's profile (online now)

poopiekat

#5 posted 07-28-2010 01:49 PM

I use a 1-ton chain-fall hung from the beam above the garage door to lift loads out of my truck. Not nearly as nice as your installation, though! Great idea!

View GMman's profile

GMman

#6 posted 07-28-2010 02:04 PM

Give us some photos poopiekat maybe handy for others.