Electric power hoist

Review by jerset posted 1490 days ago 5414 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Electric power hoist Electric power hoist No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Electric Power Hoist
I needed a way to lift heavy loads in and out of my pickup. Table saw 600 # Band saw 275 # Drill press 140 #
I purchased this hoist from Cabela’s and the swing out hoist frame. I

Made in china sold by Cabela’s, Grizzly, Harbor Fright and others.
EM # 44006 MANUFACTURER: CHICAGO ELECTRIC POWER TOOLS
Description

decided to mount the hoist on a galvanized pipe, a 4’ section in the ground 2’ deep with 2 60# sacks of concrete, a coupling with a 10 section on this giving me a 12’ vertical support attached to the eve of the garage. The correct pipe size is 2 1/4’, with the line doubled, using nylon straps purchased from Grizzly I was able to unload the 600# saw with ease. I then set the saw on a mobile base and rolled into the shop.

This 880 lb. hoist helps you lift heavy, bulky items, and operates with a remote control that lets you stand safely away from the item you’re lifting. Electric hoist motor lifts at a rate of up to 33 ft. per minute.

5-ft. remote-control cord for power up/power down
Single-line capacity: 440 lbs.
Double-line capacity: 880 lbs.
Single cable length: 38 ft.
Motor: 1-1/8 HP
3400 RPM
8 amps
800 watts

Cabela’s Heavy-Duty Electric Hoist Frame

Overall Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Read Reviews(8) | Write a Review

Mount your hoist anywhere
Swings out of way when not in use

Works with both the 400-lb. and 800-lb. models. Mounts to steel post and swings out of way when not in use. 1,300-lb. capacity. Extents to 29-1/2”. All hardware included (pole not included).

-- jerset

View jerset's profile

jerset

View rustfever's profile

rustfever

621 posts in 1935 days

You are getting wiser as you get old. THIS IS FANTASTIC. I have a bad back trying to do things the ‘Hard Way’

-- Rustfever, Central California

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

Looks like a good tool, I will need one.

Have you tried mounting it indoors, because
I don’t want my garage roof to collapse. LOL

This is what I am installing in my new shop

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

thank´s for the reminder of using a hoistsystem
I will make a note in my book I have to remember theese things in

Dennis

View poopiekat's profile

poopiekat

I use a 1-ton chain-fall hung from the beam above the garage door to lift loads out of my truck. Not nearly as nice as your installation, though! Great idea!

View GMman's profile

GMman

Give us some photos poopiekat maybe handy for others.