Grizzly G0583Z 1HP Canister Dust Collector

Review by Steven H posted 1491 days ago 5698 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0583Z 1HP Canister Dust Collector Grizzly G0583Z 1HP Canister Dust Collector No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Due to Budget and electricity, I am able to purchase 1 HP dust collector.
I choose the canister one.

It does a good job sucking dust from my Grizzly G055P bandsaw, but I don’t recommend it connecting to table saw, jointer, etc…

The collector come with the elbow, try avoid using it.

And for the first time visit the local Rockler store I got some Clear Flexible Dust Collection Hose
It was on sale .

(Note its says online sale only, its not true)

Connected to the the collector,the thing works great.

Spec

• Motor: 1HP, 110V/220V, single-phase, 3450 RPM
  • Motor Amp draw: 9 / 4.5
  • Air suction capacity: 640 CFM with elbow, 800 CFM without elbow
  • Static pressure: 3.3”
  • Lower bag capacity 2.1 cubic feet
  • Number of 4” intake holes: 1
  • Impeller: 9”, balanced steel, radial fin
  • Portable base size: 15-1/4×26”
  • Lower bag size: 14-1/2×22”
  • Overall height: 59”
  • Approx. shipping weight: 74 lbs.

View Hacksaw007's profile

Hacksaw007

Your review left me wanting more information. You say that you would not use it on saws and stuff, but never say why. I have been wanting a 120 volt collector for a while now, I guess this one isn’t it…...

-- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Steven H

I would go with a 1 1/2HP or 2HP collector.
800 CFM is not enough power to suck, you will need at least 1400-1700 for a table saw.

I use my Reliant 1HP DC on both of my jointers and my TS on occasion….keep the hose as short as possible for best suction : ) When I’m going to use the TS alot , I switch over to my JET 1.5HP with cannister filter and dust seperator. http://lumberjocks.com/projects/28491

View juniorjock's profile

juniorjock

1930 posts in 2392 days

I have Grizzly’s G8027. It sucks up everything I throw at it, including the DW735 (and you know that thing shoots out the chips), table saw, jointer, bandsaw, etc. It is also a 1HP machine. Grizzly lists my collector at $193.95 (including freight). The G0583Z lists for $349 (including freight). I know that these are two different animals, but I think you may have some kind of problem with your machine.

Steven H

My machines works fine, I think the problem is the hose itself.

View brtech's profile

brtech

The HF 2HP is 110V and can still be had for $139 with a coupon

View wiswood2's profile

wiswood2

I have their 1/1/2 hp. one It is hooked to 8 tools ,with blast gates on each one, works great.
Chuck

-- Chuck, wiswood2 www.wisconsinwoodchuck.com

View Time2beupinAZ's profile

Time2beupinAZ

I have the G0548Z and have to say i have no problem with it doing its job. I would recomend maybe upgrading to this model. You would however have to hook it up to a 220v outlet.

-- Tim - I usally measure twice after I cut......then I know for sure that I cut it short.....