harbour frieght drill press table attachment

Review by ajb posted 1462 days ago 8199 views 5 times favorited 32 comments Add to Favorites Watch
harbour frieght drill press table attachment harbour frieght drill press table attachment harbour frieght drill press table attachment Click the pictures to enlarge them

i was in the market for a drill press table for my new Delta/Rockwell drill press. I was going to make one out of scrap, but after factoring the cost of t-track and clamps this seemed like a decent $20.00 solution.
It came out of the box and went directly on no problems.
I used it to counter bore the boards for an Adirondack chair that is in process. It umm, sat on my drill press really well and held the stops where they were supposed too and allowed me to speed right through all my drilling.
If you need one I would recommend it.

View ajb's profile

ajb

View Howie's profile

Howie

Looks like something I need. And the price is right(especially with my 20% off coupon)

-- Life is good.

View MOJOE's profile

MOJOE

MAN…..I might have to make my first ever stop at Harbor Freight…....looks like something my benchtop drill press could use.

-- Measuring twice and cutting once only works if you read the tape correctly!

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

I saw this on sale, too, and just had to have one. I had one little problem with mine; one of the threaded knobs had the threads bunged up. I ran a tap through it (imagine that! American threads) and it cleaned right up. It clamped to the table of my ancient Westcraft drill press and works just fine. I recommend it too.

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

View tooldad's profile

tooldad

I basically bought the same one from Grizzly a few years ago. It has held up, I think I spent $40 on it.

View cam1297's profile

cam1297

Harbor Freight has some descent products. Their expendable items are a good deal (sandpaper, glue, brushes, etc). I have also had good luck with their air tools.

View AaronK's profile

AaronK

1389 posts in 2061 days

wow that does look like a good deal after all. I might have to pick up one of these. thanks for the review.

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

Good value! You can’t even buy just the tracks and knobs at Rockler for that price.

-- "hold fast to that which is good"

111999 posts in 2174 days

Seems like a bargain

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

2097 posts in 2325 days

wonder if they raised the price. the internet says $30, but it still looks like a good price.

I think they had it on sale for $20.00 recently…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

I picked it up at the regular price 29.99 but even at that price it’s not bad. you could make your own for a little less but you wouldn’t be saving much with all the hardware. the only problem with this table is the insert which is not standard thickness. if you have a planer that’s no problem. if not, will need to deepen the cut with router.

-- Router รจ ancora il mio nome.

View Howie's profile

Howie

I picked it up for 29.99 less 20%. I’m satisfied with it but I have to modify it for my Ridgid drill press. The hold downs don’t work. I’ll just drill them out and move them over.

-- Life is good.

View Rustic's profile

Rustic

I am going to check it out ‘cuz I need one

-- www.carvingandturningsbyrick.com, Rick Kruse, Grand Rapids, MI

View rydonmf's profile

rydonmf

Thanks for posting. I could say you’ve cost me $30 or you saved me around $70, we’ll go with saved.

View John's profile

John

went to HF today – it’s priced at $29.99 – if it was on sale the sale is over. But since it costs $10 or so in gas to go anywhere nowadays, i picked it up anyway. My drill press’s cast iron table was too big for this so I had to do some jockeying, ended up passing the bolts through the iron table instead of outside of it – the added benefit is I didn’t need the cam brackets to hold it on and I can use them as hold-downs above the table.

Thanks for the review! This is much more cost effective and quick than making my own.

-- John - Central PA - http://affyx.wordpress.com