Very happy I got it!!

Review by Eagle1 posted 07-21-2010 09:33 AM 6743 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Very happy I got it!! Very happy I got it!! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well I finished putting it together yeaterday and tunning it up. It went quite well. I did use the stock blade first. Figured might as well use it for a bit. I put the 1” on it a timberwolf. My first cut was on a small 2×4 to check things for alignment. So for the big test. I took a piece of oak 2×6. I took a 1/2 off of it measured it great cut. Took that piece down to 1/4”, still a good cut. Then took it a little farther took that piece down to 1/16” Same great cut. Now I just need to figure where to put into my shop. I will post pic’s of the new arrangment of the shop when I get it done. Thanks again for all the info that you gave me to make this purchase.
Tim:

-- Tim, Missouri ....Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck happened

View Eagle1's profile

2066 posts in 1786 days

View wseand's profile

wseand

#1 posted 07-21-2010 09:53 AM

Well this is a great day for you have fun with it, as I am sure you will.

-- Bill - "Freedom flies in your heart like an Eagle" Audie Murphy

View charlie48's profile

charlie48

#2 posted 07-21-2010 12:51 PM

Nice buy !! I’ve been looking at this saw.I’m sure you will love it, Grizzly makes great stuff. Thanks for the post.

-- Charlie............Only time will tell if it was time well spent.

View sedcokid's profile

sedcokid

#3 posted 07-21-2010 01:34 PM

I know that you will enjoy this saw for many years to come. Thanks for sharing..

-- Chuck Emery, Michigan,

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

#4 posted 07-21-2010 05:07 PM

i’m jealous.

View widdle's profile

widdle

#5 posted 07-21-2010 05:10 PM

Wow..You must be stoked..Was actually thinking of ordering one today..Was on the fence on a mobile base..Did you get the Grizzly mobile base ? and how is it. Congratulations on the new saw..

#6 posted 07-21-2010 06:02 PM

I have had this model saw with a mobile base for two years. I can cut 1/16” veneers with it.

Even though I have been pretty happy with the Grizzly blades I bought at the same time, I am currently waiting on delivery of a Wood Slicer blade from Highland WW.

I was never a fan of resawing or making veneers when I owned a HF import 14” bandsaw, but this saw makes the process much easier and the end product much more reliable. After carefully adjusting the guides, I haven’t had issues with drift, blade flutter, or bowing. There is sufficient adjustment in blade tension to get nice straight cuts. I did attach a taller face to the fence.

Mobile bases are great accessories for a small shop. I have mobile bases on all my machines and on my maple bench. Occasionally I have to move nearly everything to work on my motorcycle.

I recommend this saw. Great performance for the money.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#7 posted 07-21-2010 06:05 PM

Eagle1

I’m curious how did you get yours on a mobile base?

#8 posted 07-21-2010 06:13 PM

I purchased an adjustable mobile base from Rockler (actually three ‘cause they were on deep dish discount that day). One each for my table saw, band saw and bench.

View Eagle1's profile

2066 posts in 1786 days

#9 posted 07-21-2010 06:25 PM

Widdle I got the Shop Fox base model # G7314Z.

Steven In the instructions they tell you how to do it without picking the whole thing up. Taking my time I was able to get put togther all by myself. It was tough, I wouldn’t do that again.

The saw comes with the deluxe resaw fence. It is cast. And it has a resaw attachment of alunimun.

#10 posted 07-21-2010 06:33 PM

I see I misunderstood the last question. I had a friend help me tip it up on a 2X and jockey the base underneath the saw. It is a heavy machine.

#11 posted 07-21-2010 11:25 PM

“Widdle I got the Shop Fox base model # G7314Z.’
Tom,
Look at the openings in the cast iron wheel they say “Shop Fox” all over the place

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

#12 posted 07-22-2010 02:44 AM

That’s a beauty!! Congrats!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View MrPukaShell's profile

MrPukaShell

#13 posted 07-23-2010 02:15 AM

No room in the shop you say….... I have room if it becomes too much of a problem. Awesome purchase.

-- Robert, So Cal, My Turn or Yours.....

#14 posted 07-23-2010 02:53 AM

Enjoy ,thanks for the review.

15153 posts in 1910 days

#15 posted 08-12-2010 07:11 PM

NICE!!!!! Congrats, I have the Grizzly Ultimate 14 and love it but 17 would be even better Good for you!