Rockler Table saw fence micro adjuster

Review by lilredweldingrod posted 1473 days ago 3228 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rockler Table saw fence micro adjuster No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought the Rockler table saw fence micro adjuster on sale cheap with free shipping. That takes most of the sting out. Every time the handle gets bumped, even slightly, it falls a part. After regluing this cheaply made junk several times, I drilled and install a 8-32 screw and nut and peened the end at the nut to prevent it from backing off. It hasn’t broken since, but I do not leave it on the saw except when I need it. Save your money on this one. I’m sure there ar much better designs out there. If I was offered a O star option, I would prefer it. Rand

View lilredweldingrod's profile

lilredweldingrod

View Howie's profile

Howie

same thing happened to me. wasn’t much of a bargain.

-- Life is good.

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

This may be one shop jig that is better made than bought.

-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.

View patron's profile

patron

12961 posts in 1942 days

another one ,

for the pile of things we ‘gota have ,

and don’t work !

thanks for the review ,
you saved me ,
from making the same mistake .

View Bryan_M's profile

Bryan_M

Yep. Got it on sale for a few bucks and it promptly fell apart even before I used it the first time! I haven’t bothered to glue it back together. I figured I take the magnets out and use them for something useful.

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

Thanks for the review. Most people only post the good reviews. It’s nice to know what to stay away from too.

View BritBoxmaker's profile

BritBoxmaker

Good review, I’m grateful to be steared clear of things that don’t work.

I use a micro-ajuster I made myself, for pennies, accurate to 0.1mm ( 4 thousandths of an inch). I figure if it breaks I’ll make another. I’ve had it five years. I wonder if its worth posting?

-- Martyn -- Boxologist, Pattern Juggler and Candyman of the visually challenging. http://www.theartofboxes.com

View woodsmithshop's profile

woodsmithshop

hey Brit, take some pictures and post it, if it works it has to be worth posting, all ideas are worth posting.

-- Smitty!!!

View Rick  Dennington's profile

Rick Dennington

Greetings Rand,

Thanks for the review….... I didn’t want one, anyway…..
Seems like everything we but these days is just junk….....
Chinese crap ain’t worth two dead flys…........................

-- " I started with nothing, and I've still got most of it left".......

View patron's profile

patron

12961 posts in 1942 days

here’s martyns home made one ,

rick ,
as right as you are ,
i can’t help but knowing that rich American businessmen ,
took all their factory’s to china first .
and that is why there is no work here .

View northwoodsman's profile

northwoodsman

I was going to purchase one a year or two ago. I put it on the counter with a bunch of other things that I was buying and the clerk picked it up and set it aside. With a grin he said” I’ll save you a trip back having to return it”. It appears to have been good advice.

-- NorthWoodsMan

112000 posts in 2178 days

Thanks for the warning.

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

Hi Rand;

Thanks for the heads up on this. It appears you aren’t the only one that was dissapointed with it.

Strange, they haven’t bothered to fix the failings, if it is such a popular seller. It would seem as though their reputation would prompt them to do so.

Lee

View lilredweldingrod's profile

lilredweldingrod

Good morning Lee,
It seems that the bottom line is every thing now a days. Quality is no longer touted nor cared about. This is the fifth disappointment I have had in Rockler named products.

View Tim_456's profile

Tim_456

I’ll go against the grain here and say that mine has worked very well. I’ve had mine for about 3 years and it works well and has never fallen apart. If I had to review mine I would’ve given it 4 stars.

View stefang's profile

stefang

12588 posts in 1935 days

If only my fence and slide weren’t aluminum(magnet proof). I think it’s fair to say that almost no good tablesaw ideas work on my European combi machine. The top is also aluminum and only has one miter gauge groove. It does however have a sliding table with it’s own adjustable fence, so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.