WOW....BlakLader Heavy Worker Pants

Review by Todd Thomas posted 07-09-2010 12:48 PM 5134 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
WOW....BlakLader Heavy Worker Pants No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok Ok I know what your thinking “what the heck this guy is a sissy review cloths”.........

I saw a review for this on another forum and thought I would try the out.

They are buy far the best work pants I have ever owned….....

plenty of pockets. and the pockets are a square cut so it is easy to get things in and out of them. Some styles come with extra pockets, like a sewn in tool belt that folds into the other pockets when not in use. they seem super tough, extra material in the knees. Hammer loop is on the right side and higher up on the pants then regular carpenter pants, makes it easier to walk around, I short and my eastwing drags on the ground :-).... the Heavy Work that I got are a little hot for this time of year, but they have other that may be better…...drum roll please brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the main reason I got these pants is…...they have built in pockets for light wt. knee pads............and they work great….I do remodeling for a living and and always up and down off of my kness…..most of my dickey pants have the knees out…....

the only down side is they are not cheap….like $78 for the heavy worker with tool pockets…...but they same that you will go through 10 pair of other work pant to 4 of theirs…..we will see…..the guy I talked to the wrote the review said he has had some of his for 3 years and that it is the only work pant or shorts he wears…...

the place that I got mine is from Scott at Contractor Solutions

He seems like a great guy, we have email back and forth, give qty discounts, I ordered 2 more pants and a pair of shorts and got money off…..sent me a coupon for my next order. Scott also has a couple of bundles going on right now…I got a free pair of knee pads and a hat!!

I know it may be sissy like for guy to talk about cloths….but when you go through pants like I do its exciting to see someone have a good product….time will tell…...if I can get a year out of a pair of these I’ll be happy, love the pockets and knee pads

-- Todd, Oak Ridge, TN, Hello my name is Todd and I'm a Toolholic, I bought my last tool 10 days, no 4 days, oh heck I bought a tool on the way here! †

View Todd Thomas 's profile

View grizzman's profile

grizzman

7015 posts in 1961 days

#2 posted 07-09-2010 05:16 PM

man those are pricey…i enjoy my carhartt’s and you get them in bibs and for much less…sewing a opened slot for knee pads wouldn’t take much on those…but if they work for others then i say go for it..i just cant see how they would be worth that much….

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

View PhineasWhipsnake's profile

PhineasWhipsnake

#3 posted 07-12-2010 06:02 AM

Yeah, but do they make your butt look fat?

-- Gene T

View Todd Thomas 's profile

Todd Thomas

#4 posted 07-12-2010 10:03 AM

mmmmm good point PhineasWhipsnake…....for that kinda money you would think they would make me look like Brad Pitt…lol….

grizzman…..I understand the cost issue…I do not typically buy pricy work cloths or pricy any type of clothing….I wear them out to fast…I will say that the pockets do work well, nice and roomy and the knee pads are great…..they are made better than any other pants I have ever worn…only time will tell if they are worth the money or not….if the last me a year or more then I’ll keep getting them if not I will look at going back to the Dickeys..