Hook & Loop sand paper

Review by Ken90712 posted 06-29-2010 02:48 PM 9552 views 23 times favorited 29 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hook & Loop sand paper No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

From a recommendation of a Fellow Lumberjock ( Sorry Don’t remember who ) I decided to try this sandpaper. It is one of the best prices around that I could find and I needed to restock a bunch all at once.

I bought 40,80,100,120,150,180,220 & 320 grits, all 50 per box. Price range from $12.95 to $11.95/box. I received a discount for buying more than fifty dollars worth so I spent around 76 bucks. I have been using Norton’s from Home Depot $14.95 for 25. ( which did not last while sanding End Grain Cutting boards. )

Yesterday was the first day I used all the grits sanding new cutting boards I’m making. WOW…. this stuff is great! Held up far better than anything I have used from anywhere thus far! I can’t say enough about this paper. I will be only ordering sandpaper from here in the future.

Here is their description of the paper.

PRICE: $12.95

50 disc’s per box. These disc’s fit most 5”-8 hole sanders including Bosch, Skil, Dewalt, Makita and Black and Decker sanders. Premium grain on a heavy “C” or “D” weight paper. Special no-load coating (water based zinc stearate) won’t transfer.Great with today’s new finishes. Our industrial customers demand the best… and they demand Rhyno disc’s!

Hope this helps!

View SPalm's profile

SPalm

#1 posted 06-29-2010 02:59 PM

Thanks for the tip. Favorited.

Weird, I was just thinking this morning on how I hate cheap sandpaper. I had bought some from Harbor Freight, and tried some of it last weekend. Gad Zooks, what a waste of money. Worse than not sanding at all.

Saving money is OK too.
Steve

-- -- I'm no rocket surgeon

View DaleM's profile

DaleM

#2 posted 06-29-2010 03:13 PM

Thanks Ken. I’ve been using Nortons and I thought it was good, but I’ll definitely try this next.

-- Dale Manning, Carthage, NY

View CharlesNeil's profile

CharlesNeil

#3 posted 06-29-2010 03:23 PM

I have to agree , we use this paper as well as Industrial abrasives for everything, simply the best out there..

we use the white line primarly

we also use them for all our belt sanding, as well as our drum sanders, and we love the thin sponge pads for midcoat sanding they only list up thru 220 on the site but they have up to 600 grit , I just emailed them and ask, and we just yesterday recieved a order from them, here are the sponges http://www.industrialabrasives.com/blocks-and-pads-1sided-hi-flex-pads-c-80_171.html

super nice folks as well

View Canadian Woodworks's profile

Canadian Woodworks

#4 posted 06-29-2010 03:44 PM

Not going to lie I went directly to there site and was glad to see they offer discs for festool sanders….... so I stocked up (-:

Also got a roll for my drums sander, we’ll see how it works

-- Paul Lemiski, Ontario Canada, Custom Wooden Rocking chairs and tables http://www.canadianwoodworks.com

View CharlesNeil's profile

CharlesNeil

#5 posted 06-29-2010 03:51 PM

CAUTION :just so everyone knows, the drum sandpaper is in rolls, you have to cut to length , always use a piece you have as a pattern and ALWAYS match it up with either both backs up or grits up, never grit to back , or the taper will be incorrect , but the savings over precut is well worth the effort as well as the quality of the paper

View ajosephg's profile

ajosephg

#6 posted 06-29-2010 03:54 PM

What a bummer. I just received an order I bought from somebody else.

-- Joe

View Eric in central Florida's profile

Eric in central Florida

#7 posted 06-29-2010 05:33 PM

Thanks for the tip Ken.
That stuff from the borg stinks.
I’m going to give this a try.

-- All glory comes from daring to begin.

View TheOldTimer's profile

TheOldTimer

#8 posted 06-29-2010 08:37 PM

I have been purchasing there products for years and have never had a bad experience. I buy hook and loop discs both 5 & 6” along with bulk rools for my Preformax. They also carry products for the Festool sanders.
I have no connection with them, just a very satisfied customer.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

View Skylark53's profile

Skylark53

#9 posted 06-29-2010 09:01 PM

Thanks Ken, I’ll remember this. Steve is correct-there are no savings in cheap sandpaper.

-- Rick, Tennessee, John 3:16

#10 posted 06-29-2010 11:30 PM

I’m glad I could help. Saving money and time is a good thing. Someone on here told me about it which I’m thankful for, just which I could remember. I just ordered my drum sander from Stockroom Supply, so I’ll be making another order.

View degoose's profile

degoose

#11 posted 06-30-2010 12:59 AM

Nortons here too… will give them a call and see what the international shipping is worth…thanks..
Larry

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View AaronK's profile

AaronK

#12 posted 06-30-2010 02:03 AM

I can also (sadly) agree that cheap sandpaper is worse than worthless. I get LOTS of stuff at harbor freight, and I’m a cheap ass bastard, but not when it comes to sandpaper! no way no how. please don’t anyone use the cheap stuff.

Ive been using 3M stuff and have found that to be good, I’ll have to check out this brand. thanks for the review.

#13 posted 06-30-2010 10:29 AM

Larry see what the shipping is. If you need me too I can order it and ship it over to you. I get discount shipping. Just wonder if your goverment will hit it was vat taxes like England does. I ship to my buddy in England, a Bose 45 sytem and they hit us with 800 in taxes. He still saved a bunch and it wasm’t yet avail over there.

View jasand's profile

jasand

#14 posted 07-01-2010 12:20 AM

I can’t tell you how many times I have found “bad” sandpaper. Expensive or cheap I seem to have found a lot that was nothing but frustrating. I will definitely be trying this soon. Thanks for the tip!

-- Jason, Chippewa Falls, WI

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

1797 posts in 1942 days

#15 posted 07-02-2010 03:43 PM

Thanks, I’ve been paying 7.95 at the local menards for 15 disc per box,

next time I’ll try the HD store!!!

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.