Nice Palm Router

Review by Bob Kollman posted 1499 days ago 2876 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Nice Palm Router No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

About a year and a half ago I bought this router for 37.00 scratch and dent at sears. This router is missing some of the features you’d find on the bosch, but for the majority of my work this particular model meets my needs. Mostly I use it for flush and trim cuts, I do lots of cuts on the band saw using templets, leaving enough material
for this router to trim the remains. This router gets warm fast, but I have run this router for long periods with out burnout. This router is also great for fast light profile work. Setting the depth of cut, light weight, durability, ease of changing the bit has made this router a favorite. Because I have used this tool so much I thought it was worth a mention here.

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

View patron's profile

patron

12973 posts in 1944 days

i have two ryoby palm routers , much for the same purpose .
they get used for almost everything i do .
can’t beat them , easy set up , light , one hand operation .

way to go !

Nice review. I’ve got a couple of small routers and I use them quite often.

112001 posts in 2180 days

thanks for the review

View Rick's profile

Rick

Yes! It ’s always nice to know that an older piece of equipment is still hangin’ in there and still doing the job.

I bought the BOSCH Palm Router Kit about 6 months ago for $169.00. Don’t know why I waited so long! Love it! Just like in your Picture. Pick it up, quick adjust, turn it on and Zip Zip Zip, job done.

-- COMMON SENSE Is Like Deodorant. The People Who need It Most, Never Use It.

It’s nice to read a review from someone that has actually used the tool and let the tool prove itself instead of the usual “see what I just bought” reviews that are so commonplace here. I also like that you included a real picture of the tool at work and not the standard manufacturers photo : )

Great job on the review and I’m glad that it is holding up well for you : )

View Mark's profile

Mark

my vote by FAR goes to the ridgid palm router. Variable speed, POWERFUL, and smaller more compact than others

-- My purpose in life: Making sawdust

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

Thanks dusty!!! One of the things I do when I see a tool review, if the person did the review after the purchase, I try to wait a year and PM the person to see how the tool worked out if I’m in the market for that item. I have gotten lots of good advice from fellow LJ’s that way.

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

I have several tools that I’m waiting to “age” and use enough to form a solid basis for an actual review on them.
Maybe folks should do follow-ups on their tool reviews here after using them for a year or so just to see if they’re still in love or not : ) LOL …Have a great day !