I am really impressed with this saw

Review by zierath posted 06-21-2010 04:41 AM 7056 views 1 time favorited 49 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I am really impressed with this saw I am really impressed with this saw I am really impressed with this saw Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received this saw about two weeks ago. My wife bought it for me as a father’s day gift. It was packed very well, and there were no parts missing. Set up was simple enough. Lifting it was quite a bit of work; as it is a very heavy piece of equipment. I tuned it up in a very short time and was really impressed how quiet it runs. I’ve been reading books and watching videos on bandsaws and it appears to have many features found on much more expensive saws. I think the quality is very high. I would recommend Grizzly to anyone. Thanks! KZ

-- Kevin Zierath, Learning new stuff everyday and loving it.

View zierath's profile

18 posts in 1980 days

View twokidsnosleep's profile

1076 posts in 2008 days

#1 posted 06-21-2010 04:55 AM

I am green with envy :)

-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

1116 posts in 2094 days

#2 posted 06-21-2010 04:59 AM

Hey kevin what is the dimension of the two boxes?
I’m planning to get one, not sure If i need lift gate service?

View zierath's profile

18 posts in 1980 days

#3 posted 06-21-2010 05:10 AM

it was one box. 4’ x 36” x 36”. VERY heavy, I had trouble after the delivery guy left, just pushing it. Have a buddy help you. I’ll try to post a pick of the box….

-- Kevin Zierath, Learning new stuff everyday and loving it.

View Gary Lucas's profile

Gary Lucas

68 posts in 1943 days

#4 posted 06-21-2010 05:14 AM

According to Grizzly site it comes in one box. Go to their site and look up the machine and hit specifications (above manual). It will tell you size, weight, & type of box.

-- Go create sawdust

#5 posted 06-21-2010 05:15 AM

Thanks for your review

-- Custom furniture

View doordude's profile

1085 posts in 2017 days

#6 posted 06-21-2010 05:17 AM

nice fathers day gift. Lucky dog

View Jack Barnhill's profile

Jack Barnhill

#7 posted 06-21-2010 05:56 AM

I ordered the G0555P on Friday. I included the lift-gate service since I wouldn’t have anyway to get it out of the back of the truck by myself. The cost of the lift-gate service was only $32. I think it will be worth it.

-- Best regards, Jack -- I may not be good, but I'm slow --

View MOJOE's profile

#8 posted 06-21-2010 12:22 PM

Planning on picking one of these up myself. I’m about 200 miles from their Springfield showroom, so might just call down to see if they have one available for pick-up. Just have to take a Friday off and make a 3-day weekend out of it. Thanks for posting the box dimensions.

Also, I like your shop helper in the second pic…..I have 2 of those myself!!

-- Measuring twice and cutting once only works if you read the tape correctly!

View DAWG's profile

#9 posted 06-21-2010 12:29 PM

Thanks for sharing, and Good Luck with your new saw.

-- Luke 23: 42-43

View Dtharp's profile

#10 posted 06-21-2010 12:39 PM

Just a note on lift gate service. I paid for that when I ordered my table saw fro Grizzly and the driver told me when he got here that they did not have lift gate trucks. Of course Grizzly refunded my money but I still had to unload the saw with the help of the driver. Another option is to pick up at the closest UPS depot. Mine is nearly an hour away.

View Howie's profile

2656 posts in 1957 days

#11 posted 06-21-2010 02:18 PM

I have a grizz 555 extreme and have always been very well satisfied with it. It was advertised as being shipped in one box so I opted to pick it up at the local UPS. Turned out to be two boxes which was ok with me,I had to put it together by myself (each piece over 100 lbs.) For the money I don’t think you can beat them.

-- Life is good.

#12 posted 06-21-2010 05:19 PM

I have this saw as well and love it!!!!!!! Best saw I have used especially for the money! I will be buying the riser block as today is the first time I really needed the full 12 inch for re-saw. Enjoy.

View Triumph1's profile

#13 posted 06-21-2010 06:39 PM

I started with this saw and loved it. My father is now the current owner. Very rarly do you get more than what you pay for…but this is the case here. Great saw…enjoy!

-- Jeff , Illinois Please...can I stay in the basement a little longer, please!

View ChrisForthofer's profile

#14 posted 06-21-2010 07:24 PM

Is that weiner dog to scale? :)

-- -Director of slipshod craftsmanship and attention deficit woodworking

View Brad_Nailor's profile

#15 posted 06-21-2010 07:28 PM

Heres why the box is so heavy..It has a cute little dogie standing on it…