I am really impressed with this saw

Review by zierath posted 1498 days ago 6417 views 1 time favorited 49 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I am really impressed with this saw I am really impressed with this saw I am really impressed with this saw Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received this saw about two weeks ago. My wife bought it for me as a father’s day gift. It was packed very well, and there were no parts missing. Set up was simple enough. Lifting it was quite a bit of work; as it is a very heavy piece of equipment. I tuned it up in a very short time and was really impressed how quiet it runs. I’ve been reading books and watching videos on bandsaws and it appears to have many features found on much more expensive saws. I think the quality is very high. I would recommend Grizzly to anyone. Thanks! KZ

-- Kevin Zierath, Learning new stuff everyday and loving it.

View zierath's profile

zierath

View twokidsnosleep's profile

twokidsnosleep

I am green with envy :)

-- Scott "Some days you are the big dog, some days you are the fire hydrant"

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

Hey kevin what is the dimension of the two boxes?
I’m planning to get one, not sure If i need lift gate service?

-- shdesign3.com

View zierath's profile

zierath

it was one box. 4’ x 36” x 36”. VERY heavy, I had trouble after the delivery guy left, just pushing it. Have a buddy help you. I’ll try to post a pick of the box….

-- Kevin Zierath, Learning new stuff everyday and loving it.

View Gary Lucas's profile

Gary Lucas

According to Grizzly site it comes in one box. Go to their site and look up the machine and hit specifications (above manual). It will tell you size, weight, & type of box.

-- Go create sawdust

112000 posts in 2178 days

Thanks for your review

View doordude's profile

doordude

nice fathers day gift. Lucky dog

View Jack Barnhill's profile

Jack Barnhill

366 posts in 1967 days

I ordered the G0555P on Friday. I included the lift-gate service since I wouldn’t have anyway to get it out of the back of the truck by myself. The cost of the lift-gate service was only $32. I think it will be worth it.

-- Best regards, Jack -- I may not be good, but I'm slow -- www.BarnhillWoodworks.com

View MOJOE's profile

MOJOE

Planning on picking one of these up myself. I’m about 200 miles from their Springfield showroom, so might just call down to see if they have one available for pick-up. Just have to take a Friday off and make a 3-day weekend out of it. Thanks for posting the box dimensions.

Also, I like your shop helper in the second pic…..I have 2 of those myself!!

-- Measuring twice and cutting once only works if you read the tape correctly!

View DAWG's profile

DAWG

Thanks for sharing, and Good Luck with your new saw.

-- Luke 23: 42-43

View Dtharp's profile

Dtharp

28 posts in 1966 days

Just a note on lift gate service. I paid for that when I ordered my table saw fro Grizzly and the driver told me when he got here that they did not have lift gate trucks. Of course Grizzly refunded my money but I still had to unload the saw with the help of the driver. Another option is to pick up at the closest UPS depot. Mine is nearly an hour away.

View Howie's profile

Howie

I have a grizz 555 extreme and have always been very well satisfied with it. It was advertised as being shipped in one box so I opted to pick it up at the local UPS. Turned out to be two boxes which was ok with me,I had to put it together by myself (each piece over 100 lbs.) For the money I don’t think you can beat them.

-- Life is good.

I have this saw as well and love it!!!!!!! Best saw I have used especially for the money! I will be buying the riser block as today is the first time I really needed the full 12 inch for re-saw. Enjoy.

View Triumph1's profile

Triumph1

I started with this saw and loved it. My father is now the current owner. Very rarly do you get more than what you pay for…but this is the case here. Great saw…enjoy!

-- Jeff , Illinois Please...can I stay in the basement a little longer, please!

View ChrisForthofer's profile

ChrisForthofer

Is that weiner dog to scale? :)

-- -Director of slipshod craftsmanship and attention deficit woodworking

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

Heres why the box is so heavy..It has a cute little dogie standing on it…

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248