Grizzly G0452 6" Jointer

Review by John Gray posted 2367 days ago 7520 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0452 6" Jointer  No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is another tool that I’ve had for about a year. It does a beautiful job jointing and it comes with 2 push pads ( Grizzly calls them safety blocks) as standard equipment. The built in mobile base is a God send in my shop as I like to have all of my large power tools on wheels, I use them outside weather permitting. It’s 4” dust chute is very efficient. There’s not to much else to say except that I would highly recommend one to anyone looking for a 6” jointer

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

cool. if im looking into a 6 in jointer ill check this one out.

#2 posted 1974 days ago

John … now that you have had your Grizzly for a while, any second thoughts or advice?

I just sold my little PerformaX benchtop jointer, and the Grizzly G0452 looks like it might be just the ticket!

#3 posted 1974 days ago

Dane it works great. The only problem, if you can call it a problem, is that I think the blades could be made of better steel as they dull sooner than I expected. But Grizzly is offering some blades with new technology and they say better steel so that’s what I’ll get the next time.
Blade link: http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-Best-Jointer-Blades-Set-of-3/T10142

#4 posted 1974 days ago

John … Thanks for the quick reply. I just ordered one along with a spare set of the Japanese blades.

Thanks!

#5 posted 1974 days ago

COOL!!!!!!

#6 posted 1964 days ago

Grizzly has the Japanese jointer knives on back-order, which is a good thing. The T10142 Jointer Blades won’t fit the G0452. These blades are 6”x1”x1/8”, while the G0452 takes 1”x5/8”x1/8” knives.

I found a deal on Freud C350 knives that will fit the G0452 ($21.11 for a set of 3 on Amazon).

The stock knives that came with my machine turned up with a couple of nicks which left ridges in the 2×6 sprice strock I used to test the machine. I suspect (and Grizzly’s customer support seems to agree) there were a couple of small burrs on the underside of the infeed table as the ridges didn’t show up until I took a real shallow cut. I stuck some PSA sandpaper to a wide putty knife and de-burred the underside of the infeed table, then off-set one of the knives a skosh which took care of the ridges left by the nicks. Grizzly customer service has shipped a replacement set of knives at no charge.

I’m not crazy about the little cutterhead jig provided with the tool, so I ordered one of their Jointer Pal jigs.

A side note: I can’t say enough good about Grizzly’s customer service. They are responsive, followup throughly, and seem to be solution-oriented. That’s all good for their customers.