Keeps the Shop Clean

Review by mrg posted 1486 days ago 2573 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Keeps the Shop Clean No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked up this Delta 50-760 off of eBay a couple of weeks ago. I lucked out the guy i bought this from had bought it a few months back and changed jobs and was moving and sold his whole shop.It had been used for about 1/2 hr. The collector had about an inch of dust in the bag.

Ok so I have this hooked up to my contractors saw from the bottom with a 4 inch she that is 20ft long. The back of the saw is not sealed up and the suction from this thing captures almost all the dust. I have cut MDF , melamine (think thats how you spell it) and have very little dust around the saw. i hooked up my jointer to it and it kept right up with the shavings. The collector is much quieter than my shop vac and sucks up the dust as it should.

I had read another post about the pole bracket and found mine was tilting a little bit. Found that the bracket slot slides over the threaded insert and that the wavy washer on top is just creeping into the slot. Placed a larger washer under the wavy washer and the problem solved. Everything is nice and tight.

I give a 5 star rating because the unit does what its supposed to do, has a 1 micron bag and is not obnoxiously loud.

-- mrg

View mrg's profile

mrg

111999 posts in 2160 days

Thanks for the review

View Hopdevil's profile

Hopdevil

I agree with your review. I’m sure you paid less than I did. (Lucky fellow) I got one at the WoodWorking show in Reading PA this year and love it. It handles my table saw, planer and router with no problems.

-- Buzz ---- Message sent from the End of the Internet.

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

2097 posts in 2311 days

mine is perfect for my needs.

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

You will enjoy this dust collector. I have had mine for about 1 1/2 years and it has been trouble-free and very effective.

-- “A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.” ― Mark Twain

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

I have the same model, you made a wise decision mine is super.
You might consider a Thien pre-collector Like the one I built, link below, it sure makes emptying the saw dust easier, no messing with the bag. Several others here have built the same model pre-collector.

Here is the Thien link.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

Jim Bertelson

I have this DC as well, about 10 months or so.

I have plumbed my whole shop with 4” flexible hose, and about 9 blast gates. Since it is a one man shop, I use it on only one tool at a time. Plenty of power and and a good bag just like you say. I run it on 220 with a Woodcraft remote control, just carry a fob around in my shirt pocket, the chain clipped on the pocket top to keep it oriented, and turn it off and on by pressing the botton right through my shirt (I have a bunch of Carhartt T shirts with various holes from the woodworking and my bird, but they all have the breast pocket).

Nice product.

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

John and Jim are right on. I added a pre-collector and a remote control. Both make this great DC even better.

-- “A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.” ― Mark Twain

CryptKeeper

I purchased the same one about month ago and and agree it is a 5 star unit. For me it is one of the few affordable DC I’ve found that can handle the chips from a jointer.

John Gray
As soon as I get a few things done in the shop I am going to put a Thien in also, dbHost convinced me of that. Say, did you look for a translucent can that you could see the level of the dust through? That would seem to me to be ideal, but it would have to fit in the space available, like yours. Thanks for the links.

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska

I was unable to land a good deal on one of those. I love my HF 2HP DC, but wish I could have snagged one of those instead… Maybe next time…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

Jim,
In response to your question on a translucent cans look at the food service industry. When I worked in retail grocery in our bakery we used the white/translucent 55 gallon drums to store the flour in when they got too dirty to clean we would sell them for $10 just so we wouldn’t have to throw them in the dumpster. They are kind of pricey if you buy them new but here is a link:

Ron
That does look way too pricey. It seems to me someone says they throw those things out at the big boxes as well, don’t remember what they put in them.

Thanks for the info…..

CryptKeeper

If I had to guess they get their floor cleaning chemicals in them. The ones I’ve seen are meant to lay in a rack on their side and have a tap in the top.

Ron
I am sure progress has passed the simple, and multiuse, barrel by. It may have been something other than the translucent barrels they were getting, meaning the LJ that said this. Read it a few months ago, I don’t know where or who.

By the way what size can did you use, in case I go that route?

CryptKeeper

I haven’t connected the 32 gallon Brute trash can I purchased. I’m basing my setup on one I saw posted by another LJ’er.