Whiteside Router Bits and Woodworkersworld.net

Review by harrywho posted 1540 days ago 6627 views 1 time favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Whiteside Router Bits and Woodworkersworld.net No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I expect good customer service when I am trying to buy something from a company but this week I dealt with two companies that went above and beyond anything I could ask for.
I was looking for a particular router bit and couldn’t find it locally and if they ordered it they told me to expect up to a two week wait. I found the bit I was looking for on Whiteside’s website but a notation in their catalog said it was not for the use I intended. I called Whiteside to find out why and was told the tech guy was out in the shop and would call me back. We’ve all been there, waiting and waiting for a return call but in less than 10 min. I got a call from Todd the tech guy! He explaned why they didn’t recommend the bit for what I wanted to use it for, tolerances for that bit were +/- 1 degree and being 1 degree off would be a problem for me. He then said he would go out in the shop and check inventory and find one that was right on. He asked me which distributor I intended to buy it through and he told me to have him put “Qualify through Todd” on the order and he would have my router bit sitting on his desk!
I called Woodworkersworld.net and talked to Alan, told him my situation, he asked if Todd had the bit yet and I told him he was out in the shop as we spoke.
Alan called Todd, gave him my shipping information so he could ship it directly to me and this afternoon when I got home, less than 72 hours after my first conversation with Whiteside, I’ve got my hand picked router bit in my hands! Now thats customer service!
Of course Fine Woodworking and just about everybody else has nothing but praise for Whiteside bits and Woodworkersworld.net sells nothing but Whiteside bits, at the lowest prices I could find by the way, I’m sure you can guess what brand and which distributor I will be buying my router bits from.

-- Harry, Indiana

View harrywho's profile

harrywho

112016 posts in 2210 days

Right- on I have always liked the quality of whiteside router bits now I like their customer service too.
Thanks for sharing this story.

View Chuck 's profile

Chuck

It’s smart companies such as this one that understand the importance good customer service; something we don’t often experience anymore. Thanks for the good word.

-- Chuck, Washington D.C.

View SteveMI's profile

SteveMI

849 posts in 1928 days

Several years back I read a review by a magazine that compared brands of router bits and Whiteside was at the top. So, I started seeking them out and using them. Nothing but good things with them.

Steve.

View BigJimAK's profile

BigJimAK

30 posts in 1924 days

I’m right there with you, Harry… I’ve got Bosch, PC, CMT, Freud, MLCS, PeachTree, LeeValley and more but the Whiteside bits are the best. Out of the about 60 different bit styles I’ve got, 17 are Whiteside. I’ve decided to focus on Whiteside, with a few cheapies for disposable service.

-- Jim in Alaska

View dfdye's profile

dfdye

It is quite rare that I have heard of this level of customer service being offered with consumer level items! This REALLY makes me want to spend some money with these guys.

-- David from Indiana --

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

I also buy Whiteside and have great luck with them. I get them at western tool and they are great as well. I have even even had a couple resharpend and the stand up to that as well.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

View DAWG's profile

DAWG

Thanks for the information it’s great to know their customer service is as good as their products.

-- Luke 23: 42-43

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2566 posts in 2066 days

I’m adding wooworkersworld.net to my ‘favorites’ list.
Thanks for the info.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View buffalo689's profile

buffalo689

great bits, and a great company to deal with.. nice review !

-- bill

View woody57's profile

woody57

645 posts in 2060 days

thanks for the review
i didn’t realize that whiteside was so good
i’m going to try them the next time i need bits

-- Emmett, from Georgia

View araldite's profile

araldite

187 posts in 2037 days

Wasn’t aware of woodworkersworld.net. I like Whiteside bits and generally buy them. Thanks for the link to woodworkersworld.

View Mary Anne's profile

Mary Anne

Woodworkersworld is a new one to me, too. Added to my favorites after reading your review.
Great customer service is the best advertising there is.

View levan's profile

levan

I have to agree Whiteside bits are great. Nice to hear about their sevice also. I have used woodworkersworld they are very prompt with shipping.

-- Lynn "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right". Henry Ford

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

Thanks, great story and good to know these things about manufactures!!!

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

2240 posts in 1903 days

I have several Whiteside bits myself. I did not get them through this distributor, but will certainly use them in the future. Great to hear some positive stories of companies that treat their customers right. There are way to many that do not. My list of vendors that I will not buy from is growing all the time…where my list of good and recommended vendors has been slipping lately.

This story shows the goodwill a company will receive when it has dedicated employees and a company that promotes this attitude…a few minutes of an employee time gets them a long term customer and several new ones from this customer’s recommendations (the Tech guy definitely earned his wage that day).....thanks for sharing this with us…we really need to patronize these kind of stores.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!