does the job for the price.

Review by dmoney posted 06-07-2010 04:19 AM 1742 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
does the job for the price.  does the job for the price.  does the job for the price.  Click the pictures to enlarge them

warning just got this today, this is a first look review

The Woodsmith Store had this General mobile base on sale for $60, the staff also recommended it. It took me about 15-20 mins to put together, all I needed was a couple wrenches. It’s my first mobile base and I can’t believe I lived without one. Much better than dragging around my Delta contractor table saw. I would have preferred one lever to engage the wheels and move it but stepping on 2 each time isn’t too tough. It says this can handle up to 500 lbs.

Other reviews have said this is tough to put together, and maybe for a mobile base it is, but most of my kids toys are tougher and have more steps.

-- Derek, Iowa

View dmoney's profile

dmoney

#1 posted 06-07-2010 06:26 PM

thanks for the review Derek

View Swede's profile

Swede

#2 posted 06-07-2010 08:15 PM

My father put one of these on his Dewalt RAS it works great. Now I don’t have to drag it across my garage floor any more.

BTW my father had a hernia surgery about 4 weeks ago and did not have any problems with the assembly.

-- Swede -- time to make some sawdust

View hjt's profile

hjt

#3 posted 06-09-2010 09:16 PM

These are graet aren’t they. I have it on my table saw – it makes life easier. Move it in – move it out!!

-- Harold