The Great One

Review by Carpintonto posted 1516 days ago 3100 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The Great One The Great One The Great One Click the pictures to enlarge them

It came already assambled and ready to go. There was only one minor problem with the mobile system of it. There is a pin that holds the spinning system to lower and raise the shaper, and it broke when trying lowering the mobile system. After hammering the pin out of the hole and inserting a nail for concrete instead, the Great One was ready to start chewing on wood. I thought it was going to make a hell of a noise, but… Surprise!!!, the Great One is at least 60% less noisy than my 1.5 hp Milwaukee router mounted on my cheap router table. I did a couple of cuts with pine and Jatoba using the Powermatic PF-31 Powerfeeder, which made the whole thing magic!. Now I can’t wait to switch the 1 1/4” spindle adapter and start shaping serious jobs. by the way, the cuts where smooth and precise.

Well let’s see how the Great One will perform this week!.

View Carpintonto's profile

Carpintonto

112001 posts in 2181 days

wow what a step up you went from a pinto to a Rolls Royce Enjoy

View Canadian Woodworks's profile

Canadian Woodworks

Nice machine, let’s have an update after eating through some wood

-- Paul Lemiski, Ontario Canada, Custom Wooden Rocking chairs and tables http://www.canadianwoodworks.com

View Carpintonto's profile

Carpintonto

Here there is a quick update about this machine. I just finished a hand rail made out of maple. There was no vibration at all and the pieces came so smooth that I just sanded them by hand with 320 and 400 grid sand paper. Again, the power feeder is just awesome; the money you pay for it is nothing!. Just think about how much your fingers are worth!. I’ll be updating this review with every job.

1000% satisfaction!.

View Dustin's profile

Dustin

385 posts in 2054 days

What size spindle are you using on it currently? Have you tried the 1-1/4? If so let me know if you can tell any difference from the 3/4”. I have only used 3/4” spindles but I am thinking about moving up.

View Pete504's profile

Pete504

19 posts in 1941 days

I recently purchased the PM2700. Waiting now to move it into the shop.
Do you have any recommendations on use, now that you have more experience with it?