Finesse Table Saw Alignment with PALS

Review by Jack Barnhill posted 06-04-2010 08:37 AM 10861 views 4 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Finesse Table Saw Alignment with PALS Finesse Table Saw Alignment with PALS Finesse Table Saw Alignment with PALS Click the pictures to enlarge them

The “Contractor Saw Precision Alignment & Locking System” (PALS™) from IN-LINE INDUSTRIES is just that, an alignment upgrade for a contractors table saw. It provides a significantly easier and more precise way of aligning the table saw blade to the miter slot than the manufacturer’s suggested method of pounding on or prying on the trunnion.

PALS consists of 2 each threaded studs, flat washers, nuts, lock nuts, L-brackets with adjustment screws and lock nuts, and 1 Allen Wrench or hex key for the adjustment screws. The size of the studs and corresponding components vary depending on the kit you need for your model of contractor saw.

Additional wrenches are needed to remove the old trunnion bolts and for installing the new mounting and lock nuts but, they’re common sizes. A non-permanent thread-locking liquid is also recommended to help prevent loosening of the threaded studs while the saw in operation.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the kit before I installed it so I included a SketchUp drawing of the components that come with the kit and a couple of pictures of it installed on my Delta contractor saw.

The installation was done in less than 10 minutes and the alignment took maybe another 5 minutes. In less than 15 minutes, I had perfectly aligned the blade to the miter slot and locked it in. No longer do my cuts show signs of the blade being out of alignment. I give the Contractor Saw Precision Alignment & Locking System a 5-Star rating.

-- Best regards, Jack -- I may not be good, but I'm slow --

Great review.

-- by Lee A. Jesberger

View DannyBoy's profile

#2 posted 06-04-2010 02:54 PM

This is a pretty interesting upgrade.

-- He said wood...

#3 posted 06-04-2010 05:16 PM

A new one on me Thanks for the super review

-- Custom furniture

View mnguy's profile

#4 posted 06-04-2010 05:30 PM

I installed this same system on my Jet contractor saw ~2 years ago, and I also heartily endorse the product. Once you have it installed, you set it and forget it.

View ElmoSr's profile

#5 posted 06-04-2010 05:31 PM

very interesting i sure need something,,,

-- ElmoSr,Ga. Life is Hard by the Yard,,,But a Cinch by the Inch

View dfdye's profile

#6 posted 06-05-2010 10:56 PM

I have seen this product and figured it must be a good upgrade over a dead-blow mallet. Thanks for the review.

-- David from Indiana --

View Todd Clare's profile

Todd Clare

#7 posted 06-14-2010 07:19 PM

I have one of these on my Delta contractor saw and agree 100% with the review. Took no time to install, was simple to adjust (that’s lefty-loosey, right?), and locks it in perfectly within a few minutes.

-- Todd (Denver, CO -- Highlands)

View Rick's profile

#8 posted 07-07-2010 04:27 PM

I’ve got these on my tablesaw. It’s a Jet contractor style. They did help me bring it into a reasonable alignment. I think they would have been more helpful if I just didn’t have to contort my arm just to get to my trunion bolts.

View PflugervilleSteve's profile

#9 posted 07-08-2010 09:05 PM

I’ve used these as well. For around $20, it’s one of the most knuckle saving, best additions to a contractor saw I can think of. Trying to align trunnions by whacking it with a block of wood or by hand is no fun.

View bch's profile

#10 posted 11-03-2011 04:01 AM

I just used these as well and am very pleased. I would recommend them to anyone with a contractors saw. Why these don’t come with every contractors saw is beyond me. I only have negative comments on their instructions, which I comment on in my blog.

-- --bch

View ajosephg's profile

#11 posted 11-03-2011 04:37 AM

I have these on my saw, and I recommend them.

-- Joe

View Kurt T. Kneller's profile

Kurt T. Kneller

#12 posted 08-31-2014 11:59 PM

I had just purchased the saw pals for my rigid 2424. After talking to Jerry Cole to verify they would work with my saw I placed my order. I love the concept but I really had some major issues with using them. First, in my opinion, the only thing that qualified them for my table saw was the stud diameter. I really do not think they were ever test on various saws. Second, once installed access to the motor side adjustment screw was almost impossible. Using an allen wrench with just fingertips was not easy. Third, after finally have the blade aligned, I went to zero out my stops. 90 was fine, trying to get to 45 was another story. The extra long studs, hex nut and lock nut were making contact with the blade cover mount by the motor. I decided to unbolt the mount and rotate it 180 for additional clearance. Still I had contact and could not reach 45. I ended up having to cut the corner off the mounting bracket. Not happy about that. I am definitely not looking forward to have to adjust the blade again. I do not think I would recommend this item.

-- Start with ten, end with ten.......