Makita BO5030K

Review by Steven H posted 1513 days ago 3229 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Makita BO5030K Makita BO5030K Makita BO5030K Click the pictures to enlarge them

UPDATE:

I end up returning it, due to manufacture’s defect . The sander pad was scratched and had dents in it.

The second is way worse.
More vibration than the first one, and way louder.

I shouldn’t even return it in the first place.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
I had $70 to spend, I had a choice should I get the ridgid R2600 or Makita B05030k. I leaned toward to Makita.

It comes with a abrasive disc (#120;794520-1),dust bag(166078-4) and plastic case.

Speed

The product description said

“Pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start-up”

You would have to put it on the wood before spinning at full speed.

When you take it off the work-piece, it starts spinning fast at full 12,000 OPM.
Other people had problems with it that it creates gouges in full power.
But I don’t have any problems with mine.

Vibration
This is a well made sander and very comfortable in your hand with almost no vibration.

Dust Collection

What I like about this sander is, that it shoots dust air into the cloth bag without having any leaks. But The dust port is so small, hooking up a vacuum is more difficult to do.

Noise

I have to say this is way quiter than Porter cable 343k sander.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Pro

- Comfortable grip
- Lightweight
- Stops smoothly

Con

-Dust collection port too small: I don’t think it was designed for connecting to vacuums.

-- shdesign3.com

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

111999 posts in 2175 days

Thanks for the review

View dustinkester's profile

dustinkester

Good review. Too bad you had to return it, and then had even worse luck. Most of the time Makitas do not disappoint like this.

-- http://www.orbitalsanderreviews.com | http://www.detailsanderreviews.com | http://www.alltablesawreviews.com

View 559dustdesigns's profile

559dustdesigns

I recently picked up a Makita sander at OSH because it was a clearance item. The sander was only 32.34 with tax and everything. This sander works great and vibrates less than the Porter Cable I spent 69 bucks for. Please don’t write off Makita tools.

-- Aaron - central California "If you haven't got the time to do it right, when will you find the time to do it over?"

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

559dustdesigns

Not all tools coming from the factory are the same.

I made a mistake by buying from Big Box store. should have been bought from Bob’s store.
It is not the same.