CHARLES NEILS IT'S ALL ABOUT COLOR DVDs

Review by a1Jim posted 1542 days ago 2393 views 2 times favorited 23 comments Add to Favorites Watch
CHARLES NEILS IT'S ALL ABOUT COLOR  DVDs No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My long awaited DVD set, Charles Neil’s,” It’s All About The Color”, that I ordered a while back, came today. I’m suppose to be in the shop right now, but thought I would watch just one of the 6 DVDs . It didnt work out that way… I’m watching #3 right now. What’s it about? It covers waterbase finishes and how to get the color you want from each one. One DVD for 6 of the main woods: cherry,oaks,maples,walnut,poplar and mahogany. It’s great that he has a separate DVD for each wood. It makes it much easier when you want to refer back, when using any particular wood. So far, I’ve watched the one about mahogany and poplar because I have projects in each of those woods right now. Why am I doing a review before watching all of the DVDs ? I reviewing now, because the very first DVD is worth the cost of the whole set. Charles goes way beyond any of the books out there and even shows a color board that he made, of the many, many colors, using his methods. Do you want to make poplar look like mahogany ? How about cherry ? You can do those and make it look like any wood you want, plus cure all of your finishing problems. You can finally give up your BLO or tung oil that you use, because you don’t know how to do anything else.You can also get rid of all those oil base, noxious and flammable fumes. Before I ordered this DVD set, I already knew Charles was a finishing expert, but the proof is in the pudding and this pudding is delicious.

THIS IS A BIG DOUBLE THUMBS UP FROM ME!

View thatwoodworkingguy's profile

thatwoodworkingguy

Working in the shop never works out for me either when I get a new toy
Nice review

-- thatwoodworkingguy.com ~Eagle America~ ~Woodcraft~

View Loucarb's profile

Loucarb

2388 posts in 2071 days

Nice review Jim & thanks for the link.

View Dennis Fletcher's profile

Dennis Fletcher

Thanks Jim, I was debating whether or not to buy this video series, I guess now I just need to get the money.

-- http://www.ahomespecialist.net, Making design and application one. †

Jim I got my DVD’s today also but I’ve not watched any yet. Thanks for the review.

112010 posts in 2202 days

I hope you enjoy them too.

View RBWoodworker's profile

RBWoodworker

416 posts in 1977 days

Ahh Jim!!..you lucky!!

I’m gonna hav e to start my collection..I have 3 sets..and I want em all!..lol..good review..he’s good watching!..I learned a ton with the 3 dvd’s I have now.. Can’t wait to expand my knowledge with the rest of his teachings!

-- Randall Child http://www.racfurniture.com/

View Close's profile

Jim, Yes he is very good Charles also has spots on y tube

View MickeyD's profile

MickeyD

Ours arrive today also….I think I will go start watching it. I have a walnut table waiting to be finished.

-- -Willing to try

View Monty Queen's profile

Monty Queen

Wow i need to get mine.

-- Monty Q, Columbia, South Carolina.

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

Sound good, but I’ll never throw away my tung oil!!!

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

You and David Marks Bob LOL

Good review, thank you Jim.
Sounds very interesting after many other things to buy.

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

2098 posts in 2353 days

Jim,
Could you give an average run time for a DVD? Thanks!

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

2098 posts in 2353 days

Also, you don’t by any chance know what the “reward points” do that are mentioned on his shopping pages.

112010 posts in 2202 days

It might be best to check with Charles on that. All his DVDs seem to fly by when I watch them.

charles@charlesneilwoodworking.com