A good quick finish for small projects.

Review by thatwoodworkingguy posted 1542 days ago 1849 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A good quick finish for small projects. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ever wish you could spray a finish without the complexitys of compressors hoses and the clumsy time it takes to clean out the gun after?
Ever wish you didnt have to go through the effort of the already mentioned set up just to spray something like a jewelry box or small items? Well this lacquer is for you!
In a convenient spray can just shake it up and your good to go.
You can even turn the tip of the nozzle to change the spray from horizontal to vertical.
It sprays nice and even however it does get low very fast which can mean if you are producing something and trying to spray multiple items your going to buy a few cans.
I personally use the gloss version but they also have a semi gloss and satin versions.
The nice thing about lacquer is that theres no sanding in between and you can re coat in 30 mins making it a fast finish optoin
I have been spraying all my boxes with this product and it has been great. i also the polyurethane aerosol and it worked just as well.

So over all the convenience and quality are great but the can runs out very fast and they can be costly
I would definitely recommend this for a finish.

-- thatwoodworkingguy.com ~Eagle America~ ~Woodcraft~

View thatwoodworkingguy's profile

thatwoodworkingguy

View lew's profile

lew

Thanks!

I saw this at Lowes the other day and thought about using it on some bottle stoppers I was finishing. Now, I know I will get some.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View bunkie's profile

bunkie

Spray-can lacquer is one of my go-to finishing solutions. My favorite thing about lacquer is that it’s the easiest way to get a glassy finish. I usually put four to six coats of lacquer then I break out the automotive wet-dry sandpaper and buff out the finish starting with 800 grit, going up to 2000 grit. Finally, I use automotive compound to get my final finish.

-- Altruism is, ultimately, self-serving