Precission triangle in use.

Review by thatwoodworkingguy posted 1523 days ago 1863 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Precission triangle in use. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After my first impressions post which many of you confused with my over all judging of the tool I could wait and more. I grabbed some Walnut and started to make a box. I deiced to not do anything elaborate and use no layout tools but my pencil a 2ft ruler and this little guy.
First off I used the triangle to set my saw blade. I put it up on the table and cranked my blade into 45 degrees up againest the triangle. I then put on a digital angle reader and it was dead at 45.
I then cut all my parts and did the appropriate procedures on them.
I rolled my box together with tape and placed the triangle in the 1/8th inch recess on the bottom. It read perfectly square. But how do I know to believe that? I then placed my starrett mini combo square in the same spot (I trust this square with my life) And it read the exact same.
Another feature of this I really like is the tick marks on the ruler. There are large markings for 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.
There nice and big and easy to find when your measuring and marking.
I also ran a few test with the triangle check its accuracy upright and in all sorts of circumstances. The only time it came up short was when I had a wood chip under it throwing it off.

All in all I am still impressed with this tool and it will become one of my regular measuring tools!

I hope this is beneficial to some of you!

-- thatwoodworkingguy.com ~Eagle America~ ~Woodcraft~

View thatwoodworkingguy's profile

thatwoodworkingguy

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

thank´s for the new rewiew
as a newbie with a low budget ,and unforturnaly a toolfreak ,
it´s importen for me to know were to lay my money
to get good tools, can´t afford failier in this

Dennis

112002 posts in 2182 days

Thanks for the update looks like a good one alright.

View interpim's profile

interpim

1123 posts in 2063 days

I’ve noticed a trend lately of a lot of lumberjocks becoming increasingly bitter. Thank you again for revisiting this review. I couldn’t tell in your first one whether or not you had used it, so I’m not really sure how someone could criticize you in saying you hadn’t.

Good measuring and layout tools are essential, and increasingly so on the smaller scale projects. I’ll keep my eye out for one of these.

-- San Diego, CA

View Knothead62's profile

Knothead62

Thanks for the review. I need to start building up a good inventory of quality measuring tools.

View spalted's profile

spalted

Thanks for this review.. I am going to check it out. I spent several years frustrated with my projects that would always turn out just a little “off”, even though I was being very careful about measuring. In the past 2 years, I’ve come to appreciate precision measuring tools especially the incra rulers and squares. Magically, my projects got a lot better once I started using these. I’m a believer.